Meal Replacement Shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just keep comments to themselves? I like vega nutritional shakes. They are vegan, gluten free, sugar free and taste OK. Make sure you get the nutritional shake versus proteins and greens though because that is only meNr to be added to smoothies and isn't complete meal replacement.

Um, because OP asked for opinions? This is an open internet forum. Of course she's going to get people saying it's a bad idea, and offering simple alternatives... because it is a bad idea.
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use 100% Food a lot. Just add water (or milk or whatever liquid you want). Taste is decent. I usually add a little cinnamon. I hate cooking and food prep, so it has really helped with my quality of life. ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Why can't people just keep comments to themselves? I like vega nutritional shakes. They are vegan, gluten free, sugar free and taste OK. Make sure you get the nutritional shake versus proteins and greens though because that is only meNr to be added to smoothies and isn't complete meal replacement.

well, i mean.. they asked for OPINIONS.....
  • melodyfrederiksen
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who shared their own experience or helpful alternative ideas. For those of you that obviously failed to read the entirety of my question, I don't consider you any more or less a health expert than myself. I explicitly asked for comments from people who've tried it. Not demeaning remarks from people who feel superior by calling other diet ideas dumb. Obviously, I have my reasons for asking the question. Good day.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who shared their own experience or helpful alternative ideas. For those of you that obviously failed to read the entirety of my question, I don't consider you any more or less a health expert than myself. I explicitly asked for comments from people who've tried it. Not demeaning remarks from people who feel superior by calling other diet ideas dumb. Obviously, I have my reasons for asking the question. Good day.

Well, OP, if an idea is dumb, what do you thing will people say? It appears that you were not looking for opinions but simply for validation of your choice. I wish you re-read the thread and take it as what it is - opinions of other people. You are the one who ultimately will have to make a decision.
  • msapril87
    msapril87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a question I wanted to increase my protein macro so I bought vegan protein powder and mix it in with some frozen fruit yogurt and milk as a smoothie in the am. I've been hearing lots of bad things about protein powder being super bad for you?
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If I do a shake I usually just make sure it has protein. The extra crap I don't care about.

Take a multi that day and drink up. It's better than nothing
  • poejegg
    poejegg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »

Well, OP, if an idea is dumb, what do you thing will people say? It appears that you were not looking for opinions but simply for validation of your choice. I wish you re-read the thread and take it as what it is - opinions of other people. You are the one who ultimately will have to make a decision.

He asked for opinions about the shakes from people who have tried the shakes. He even got specific:
    "Specifically, has anyone tried total lean or ideal shape shakes? Do they make you feel full? Are they satiasying? Are they low in sugar and other processes ingredients?"

He didn't ask you whether shakes were dumb or not. He's clearly made up his mind on shakes and wants to get some opinions from people that use them, not from people who look down their nose at them.
  • poejegg
    poejegg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this thread OP, the more constructive comments were very helpful!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You could pack a sanwich with an icepack....as for shakes been there done that. I would suggest getting something with out artificial sweetener like designer whey and packing some snacks like nuts and granola bars
  • JenRena
    JenRena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a meal replacement shake for breakfast and sometimes supper but that's not very often. I have it for breakfast every morning and it keeps me full for atleast 3 hours. By then I only have an hour left before lunch so I just drink plenty of water to hold me over. I don't use any protein powders. It's simply just 1/2 banana, cocoa, PB2, Greek yogurt and some almond milk. I have the exact measurements and it's only around 170 calories which works for me. Everyone diets differently and what works for one my not for another. Good luck!!