Nutrition

Do you keep track of you cholesterol i want to have eggs and once i seen the nutrition i was like wow

Replies

• AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    I eat two eggs a day most days. So nope not keeping track of cholesterol. You should do some research on the matter
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    For most people dietary cholesterol has only a small impact on blood cholesterol. Fats, carbs and exercise have a much bigger affect. But, for some people dietary cholesterol has a significant affect on blood cholesterol. You really can only know how affects you through trial and blood tests.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Ok thanks just want to make sure bc i put in 2 eggs and its says it over -300 cholesterol that i should have
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    The cholesterol in your bloodstream largely isn't from what you eat so I pay no attention to the cholesterol in foods at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Not really. I've looked at it, but it's really not high, so even if it were something is should be concerned with, I wouldn't have to change it. Given my diet, the cholesterol takes care do itself. Wish the same could be said for iron and potassium, lol.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    If you haven't actually been "diagnosed" with high cholesterol through blood tests, etc., then I wouldn't even pay any attention to the cholesterol in any of your foods. Like sugar- if you aren't diabetic or don't have any trouble with your sugar levels, then going over your daily sugar goal is not going to do any harm.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Thank you
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Yep - cholesterol is a non-issue now. :)