Peanut butter addict

Options
So I've been dreaming about peanut butter for a while now. Does anybody have any advice as to how I can satisfy that craving without binging on a whole jar? Lol I love PB so much

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Decide if it is possible to eat weighed amounts and stay in your calorie goal. If the answer is no, don't bring any into the house. There really isn't any other choice.
  • tenytintin
    tenytintin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Think of your future body every time you eat a spoon of PB.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter within the confines of your calorie and macronutritional goals.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as long as you can make it fit in your calories (and make sure you weight it carefully!), theres no problem eating it.

PB is one of the very few things i have a hard time moderating, so I dont eat much of it (i dont even think i have any in the house right now). i do have PB2 and use it on occasion on an english muffin. its not bad, but not the same as PB LOL
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too, and there was a where I couldn't keep it in the house. Now I measure out a serving when I want it. You can also buy peanut butter already portioned into single servings. I like to eat it with apples. I've also heard of something called PB2.. I'm not sure what it is exactly, just that it's some kind of lower calorie substitute for peanut butter.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Take your preferred calorie portion of peanut butter and warm it in the microwave so it's kind of runny-ish. Not too much.

Chop up an apple (or 2) and add the peanut butter like mayonnaise. Chill until PB refirms. Top with sliced banana and a dollop of PB.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I eat it PB almost every day with my morning snack. Just have to make sure I stay within the allotted serving size that fits into my daily goal. If you don't deprive yourself of it you might be less likely to binge when you actually do have it.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love PB mixed with plain greek yogurt and some sliced banana...yum!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love PB as well. I could eat half a jar in 1 sitting (I did when I was pregnant) I found something called PB and it's GREAT for my PB cravings.
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try some pb2 powder in some oatmeal or a homemade slushy. I love the stuff. Other than that my only advice is if you don't buy it you can't eat it
  • lauradavis350
    lauradavis350 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a dutch crisp bread with 6g of organic peanut butter does the trick for me hun about 70 cals xx
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Try some pb2 powder in some oatmeal or a homemade slushy. I love the stuff. Other than that my only advice is if you don't buy it you can't eat it

This^

Look for PB2 - powdered peanut butter or peanut flour (~85% of the fat is pressed out).

It's a powder you mix with water - great for stirring into things - or as an apple dip. Not great when spread on toasted, or crispy things (water & crispy don't go together).
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of table spoons of PB2 and mix with some water.... instant peanut butter without the insane calories or fat. Some people say it's not the same, but if you're trying to satisfy that craving and can't just have a small nibble of the regular stuff PB2 is the way to go.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Jif is one of those things I don't keep in the house because I love it and would eat it to the detriment of my health and diet.

But I love peanut butter, so I make my own. I get the yum of PB (admittedly without the astronomical yumminess) without too much of the stuff that does me no good. I don't have it every day, but have it sometimes. It's enough for me - satisfies my PB desires without ruining any of my goals.

There is nothing easier than making your own PB. It's not as ungodly good as Jif, but it's still good. :)
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I eat it but on my days when I work out more and have the extra calories to spare with an apple or on whole wheat bread or just plain on a spoon. I could never give it up. I just work it in.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I love PB as well, but I do try to limit it. I usually I opt for PB2 and spread it on chocolate rice cakes. or JIF whips come in at 140 cals for 2 TBSP instead of the average 190.
  • Cheri789
    Cheri789 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I literally cannot have peanut butter in the house. I've tried to measure it out, and I just end up eating the whole jar. Instead I use pb2, a powdered peanut butter. I like the flavor, but not enough to eat the whole thing. Best of both worlds for me!
  • Dray222
    Dray222 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Take your preferred calorie portion of peanut butter and warm it in the microwave so it's kind of runny-ish. Not too much.

Chop up an apple (or 2) and add the peanut butter like mayonnaise. Chill until PB refirms. Top with sliced banana and a dollop of PB.

That sounds really good! Thanks for the idea! I'm also a PB addict. Lol. I like to make a smoothie with all natural PB, non fat plain Greek yogurt, and a banana. Or, I'll cut up an apple and dip it in either the all natural peanut butter or all natural almond butter. Both of those seem to satisfy my cravings, but I do try to limit to one serving a day and make sure I still stay within my calorie goal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I enjoy PB but it is not a trigger food for me. I have 32 grams of peanut butter pretty much every day, either in a smoothie or with oats and Greek yogurt. Sometimes I'll have another 16 grams with apple as a night time snack.

Have you tried having a portion and stopping? How about eating it with lots of apple?
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    PB2.

I can try and try to keep PB within my calorie goals, but it's just so easy to dip that spoon in there and take a bite (for about 150 calories!).

Again, PB2.