Fifty the new 35

Options
CutsandCurves
CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
looking for mature friends with healthy life styles and enjoy weight lifting.

Replies

• blondie1594
    blondie1594 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, on a journey to improved health and fitness ~ and I've been doing Chalean Extreme along with Piyo. I have some powerblocks that I absolutely LOVE, and lately I've been focusing on body weight exercises (pushups, pullups) since that seems to give me the best functional carry over. I'm still working on balance my macros; everyone has an opinion on the right percentage of protein/carbs/fats and I'm trying to find what works for me. Friend me if you'd like ~ my diary is public and I love feedback!
  • RockTex
    RockTex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just an old guy trying hard to stay healthy. Run several times a week but I am also really moving toward working the body from a more functional level using a lot of bodyweight exercise, calisthenics, and kettle bell. And also trying to work in some weekly yoga.
  • CutsandCurves
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan. I plan on starting yoga along with my weight lifting soon. Body weight is excellent choice. Never with out it
  • CutsandCurves
    Options
    I'm 43, on a journey to improved health and fitness ~ and I've been doing Chalean Extreme along with Piyo. I have some powerblocks that I absolutely LOVE, and lately I've been focusing on body weight exercises (pushups, pullups) since that seems to give me the best functional carry over. I'm still working on balance my macros; everyone has an opinion on the right percentage of protein/carbs/fats and I'm trying to find what works for me. Friend me if you'd like ~ my diary is public and I love feedback!

Macros I have not mastered yet. Fitness Pal has been a big help.