That Awkward Moment When...

Options
....you boyfriend, not understanding that you have tracked EVERY calorie about to go in your mouth, says "ooh, can I have a piece of that?"

Replies

• Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I knew I lost it when my husband stole a piece of my cantaloupe and I turned on him and said "you did not just do that". Super mean. Like a crazy person. HAHAHAHAHA
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    tinab190 wrote: »
    ....you boyfriend, not understanding that you have tracked EVERY calorie about to go in your mouth, says "ooh, can I have a piece of that?"

He's kind of helping you make a calorie deficit.... kidding.

Is a bite really going to make that much of a difference?
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I've snapped at hubs before with "get your own calories, these are mine!"

And he responded that my calories taste better. :#
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hahaha my husband doesn't even try anymore.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I... take a bite of his food? Or lick the spoon after dishing out the yogurt which I normally don't do? I figure it will all even out eventually.

You have to live life normally. I gave my husband a taste of a Quest bar on purpose the other day. Oh well, bonus deficit for me, and now he has another flavor he likes. I gave myself a few extra chocolate chips in my yogurt that night. No biggie.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yeah I weigh my garlic bread and butter out and he has stolen a piece off of mine before- he knows better now- I tell him - those two pieces are all yours- don't touch these they're mine!!
  • tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Tinawood40 wrote: »
    I knew I lost it when my husband stole a piece of my cantaloupe and I turned on him and said "you did not just do that". Super mean. Like a crazy person. HAHAHAHAHA

That is awesome. Especially because the food in question last night was watermelon! Haha. I feel you sister.
  • tinab190
    Options
    And btw, I totally did give him some and NEVER said a word.
  • tinab190
    Options
    tinab190 wrote: »
    And btw, I totally did give him some and NEVER said a word.

o:)
  • tinab190
    Options
    Yeah I weigh my garlic bread and butter out and he has stolen a piece off of mine before- he knows better now- I tell him - those two pieces are all yours- don't touch these they're mine!!

That's right dammit! Love it!
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've seen quest bars mentioned in another thread. What is a quest bar?
  • UprightMan
    UprightMan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lyndahh75 wrote: »

A crappy "supplement" you absolutely don't need for losing weight.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    UprightMan wrote: »
    lyndahh75 wrote: »

A crappy "supplement" you absolutely don't need for losing weight.

While I agree that nobody "needs" supplements of any kind to lose weight, they come in handy for many. I use protein bars here and there to fill voids when I don't have time to eat, when I've eaten too little protein rich food, or if I'm too full after a hard exercise to reach my calorie and protein goals without getting bloated.

• rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this! Haha

And since I'm a type 1 diabetic, I not only track and account for every calorie that goes into my mouth, but also for every carb (which I have to taken insulin for before eating). So it's very awkward for me when people ask to share food after I've already tracked and taken my insulin.

When I started my new job, I had opened a bag of white cheddar popcorn, tracked the calories, and taken the insulin for it. One of my superiors walked by and jokingly demanded some popcorn - though he clearly wanted some. I gave him a few handfuls and then had to scour my office for an equivalent amount of carbs so my blood sugar wouldn't drop later! Gah!

I've just gotten mean about it lol. My kid asked me for a piece of my Panera baguette the other day and my answer was just, "No." She looked so shocked haha. Get your own bread with your working pancreas and skinny self. ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Right. No one needs a supplement bar and Quest bars are the worst. But I ride a bike and on longer runs, you're supposed to eat every hour so Kind bars are my go to solution.

On the sharing food topic. NO WAY. I'm not even logging all the time anymore, but I am not a fan of sharing. If I didn't want it, I wouldn't have made or ordered it. lol
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    rhyolite_ wrote: »

Get your own bread with your working pancreas and skinny self. ;)
    ^^^^^^^
    This! I love this!

• Gavin_Campbell
    Gavin_Campbell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can get violent over this. Especially when its my 1 cookie for the day and somebody asks for half. I will walk across the street and buy them their own cookie before giving up my half!
  • tinab190
    Options
    rhyolite_ wrote: »

And since I'm a type 1 diabetic, I not only track and account for every calorie that goes into my mouth, but also for every carb (which I have to taken insulin for before eating). So it's very awkward for me when people ask to share food after I've already tracked and taken my insulin.

When I started my new job, I had opened a bag of white cheddar popcorn, tracked the calories, and taken the insulin for it. One of my superiors walked by and jokingly demanded some popcorn - though he clearly wanted some. I gave him a few handfuls and then had to scour my office for an equivalent amount of carbs so my blood sugar wouldn't drop later! Gah!

I've just gotten mean about it lol. My kid asked me for a piece of my Panera baguette the other day and my answer was just, "No." She looked so shocked haha. Get your own bread with your working pancreas and skinny self. ;)

For you it's a pretty big deal health wise. So be selfish!
  • tinab190
    Options
    I can get violent over this. Especially when its my 1 cookie for the day and somebody asks for half. I will walk across the street and buy them their own cookie before giving up my half!

Haha. These days FIRST cookie sometimes is the only cookie....so I'd fight for it too!
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    I remind them that I'm NOT afraid of going to jail for assault.