Possible?

Options
I am currently doing Insanity and eating like 1800 calories, but do you think is it possible to lose weight if I eat things like sweets and snacks and not really all the healthy stuff but fitting everything into my calorie limit?

Replies

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    as long as you are eating at a deficit, it doesn't matter what you eat.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yep it's possible.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 - Simple weigh loss: Calories In < Calories Out. Optimal physical fitness & athletic performance -> likely gets more complex about dietary habits, etc. All depends on your goals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity and eating like 1800 calories, but do you think is it possible to lose weight if I eat things like sweets and snacks and not really all the healthy stuff but fitting everything into my calorie limit?

Yes, of course. You'll likely look and feel better if you eat both though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible. You could eat nothing but sweets and still lose weight! There is no way a HoHo will prevent you from losing weight if you keep your calories low enough. :)
  • neldacastillo45
    neldacastillo45 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It is possible but it will be a very slow process even if you workout.
  • mirunizzle9
    mirunizzle9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Even if I keep everything in my calorie limit? I mean it is not the same process?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Even if I keep everything in my calorie limit? I mean it is not the same process?

If you keep to your calorie limit you should lose at pretty much the same rate. Things like how much muscle you lose/maintain can affect it, but that has more to do with what you do than what you eat.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

Why will it be a slow process?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Assuming 1800 calories is less than your TDEE...then yes. If it's not...then no.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    IF you could eat all sweets and stay within your calorie limit, sure. BUT it is harder to stay within your calorie limit, every day, every week, every month, if you are eating lots of high calorie foods, which most sweets are. You will prob not feel satisfied. You likely will be more susceptible to craving and bingeing, which tend to cause most people to go over on calories. High sweets tend to lower your energy levels after they wear off, which can lead to excess eating. Of course, you might be the exception to all these patterns and tendencies, but this is what happens to many many people and why eating an all-sweets diet is generally not recommended for weight loss.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're within your allotment, you'll lose.
  • mirunizzle9
    mirunizzle9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    IF you could eat all sweets and stay within your calorie limit, sure. BUT it is harder to stay within your calorie limit, every day, every week, every month, if you are eating lots of high calorie foods, which most sweets are. You will prob not feel satisfied. You likely will be more susceptible to craving and bingeing, which tend to cause most people to go over on calories. High sweets tend to lower your energy levels after they wear off, which can lead to excess eating. Of course, you might be the exception to all these patterns and tendencies, but this is what happens to many many people and why eating an all-sweets diet is generally not recommended for weight loss.

I'm not eating just sweets, but I eat sweets during the day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Of course! :]

Eat what you want - but at a deficit. You'll lose weight.

And kudos to you for sticking with Insanity - that work out near killed me ;)
  • BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Like everyone else said, it is possible, but better results come from taking care of your body and eating proper foods, veggies, fruits ect. There's nothing wrong with eating sweets, but your proformance will decrease, and you wont burn as many calories, just think about your health with HOW MANY sweets you are eating, but as long as you stay within your calorie limit then you'll be fine - monitor yourself though, sometimes peoples bodies react differently to different food/exercises - what works for one doesn't work for all. So if you find that eating sweets does nothing to your weight, then do not eat as many. Adjust it with your results. <3

Happy Dieting!

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's possible. Yes.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. Calories are calories. As long as you stay within your daily limit, it doesn't matter what you eat.

For many of us, denying foods we love would not be sustainable. Learning to eat within your calorie allotment and allowing for any food, has been the key to my success and keeping the weight off for almost 2 years.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like to have something sweet daily. Instead of a giant Ice Cream cone I measure my half cup and log it.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    so you just want to look good and not be healthy?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Totally possible, just fit them into your daily calories. What you might do is preplan a day or two and see where you can fit them in. I understand not wanting to cut out favorite foods, I'm reasonably sure the reason I got to where I am now is that I found ways to limit my portions but still have them. If I want a cookie, I have the damn cookie and adjust accordingly for the day!

Now, can you lose weight on a diet of nothing but sweets and 'junk' food? If you're in a deficit, then yes. But no one here will recommend it because you won't be getting the actual nutrition your body needs. Plus, high calorie foods means you eat less in terms of bulk to get that deficit, so you will probably be more hungry. Your best bet is to make your actual meals healthier (not saying go completely health food, but get a balance of meats, veggies and carbs), and save the sweets for snacks. Find out what a proper portion of that sweet is and weigh it out. That way, you don't overdo it, you still get to have your favorite foods, but also get enough food to feel full and get the nutrition you need.

It's really a balancing act. It takes a while to get it right, but once one you do, things become a lot easier.