LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) -Need advice

I'm just starting LCHF. So I need help/advice on where to set my macros for the induction phase. Calorie count as well?

I don't know why I've never tried this before. I love veggies & everything else I've seen in the numerous recipes etc. Hoping to kickstart a significant weight loss. Needing to lose about 70lbs....

Replies

• robinpurcell1
    robinpurcell1 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    You're welcome :-). I have been HCLF for many months now and it works well for me. I hope you enjoy it.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    I'm just starting LCHF. So I need help/advice on where to set my macros for the induction phase. Calorie count as well?

I don't know why I've never tried this before. I love veggies & everything else I've seen in the numerous recipes etc. Hoping to kickstart a significant weight loss. Needing to lose about 70lbs....

I order to lose weight you need to eat less calories than you body needs per day. So yes calorie counting is a must. You can gain weight on a LCHF diet if you eat more LCHF than your body needs and you can lose weight on a 95% carb only diet if you eat less calories than your body needs. Calorie deficit is what matters for weight loss. Good luck.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Yes you calorie count as well. What usually happens with LCHF is you don't feel as hungry, you feel fuller longer, and you end up eating fewer calories.