10 pounds gone, eating approx. 2000 cals a day, and so much stronger - #strongnotskinny w/ pictures!

Options
ffbrown25
ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
I used MFP a year ago to get down to a healthy BMI, and about three months ago I started using it again purely for vanity.

Diet: I am a vegetarian. I started in July at about 1800 calories a day, then upped that to 2100 calories a day (about a month ago) as I neared my goal. My macros right now are 200c/75f/165p. I cheat frequently - working on that!

Exercise: I run four days a week, about 24 miles a week. I go to CrossFit 4-5 times a week. I really credit CrossFit for changing my mindset from an aesthetically-focused one to a strength-focused one. It feels so good to say #fuckskinny, I'm feeding myself, and I wanna get strong! B)

I'm signed up for my first Spartan race and my first half marathon, both in October, and I couldn't be more excited - no way I could've done that before. Can't wait to see what the next three months hold.

This is three months ago, two months ago, and today. I'm a week into a creatine loading phase, so in today's pic I'm actually a little bloated (and not sucking in ANYTHING - unlike the first pic!). :D

2928k8t686i7.jpg

Replies

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes you look fantastic. I keep looking at the crossfit girls on tumblr and I think I will seriously have to give it a try.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I love your mindset! Crossfit is a great thing, really got me interested in lifting weights.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love crossfit too! It's really changed my whole perspective from wanting to be skinny to wanting to be strong! I find myself working out for my workouts so I can dominate in class and push myself even further. You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • ffbrown25
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks y'all :smiley: I'm so glad I found CrossFit. It has totally changed the way I see exercise (as in: it's not all cardio, and it's not all about what you look like). Crazy that after I stopped caring about being skinny, I'm the fittest I've ever been!!

Forgot to mention, for reference: I'm 5'8. I started at 156 and now I'm around 146. I'm not super worried about getting that number lower. I'm actually hoping to put a couple pounds of muscle on my quads.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Omfg you look unbelievably awesome!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Incredible results! You look amazing. What a difference in 3 months!! Just met with a personal trainer today to start strength training. Strong is so empowering!!
    Thanks for sharing ht/wt stats! Would you mind sharing your age too?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    That's amazing in just three months! You look fantastic!
  • ffbrown25
    Options
    Incredible results! You look amazing. What a difference in 3 months!! Just met with a personal trainer today to start strength training. Strong is so empowering!!
    Thanks for sharing ht/wt stats! Would you mind sharing your age too?

Thank you! I'm 25.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great work - you are half my age but the truth is always the same. Losing while rocking it in and out of the gym looks miles better than just losing the same weight to be skinny. I see a Oxygen fitness mag cover in your future.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • wawastewart
    wawastewart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is so motivating! I have 10 lbs to lose and I knew before that I needed to get back to lifting. Now I am really inspired to do it. :) thanks!
  • ffbrown25
    Options
    This is so motivating! I have 10 lbs to lose and I knew before that I needed to get back to lifting. Now I am really inspired to do it. :) thanks!

Definitely do it!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!