results with calorie counting.

Options
Hi everyone I'm new to fitness pal, Ive been doing it for about a month, but I'm just not seeing any results. Do ya'll have any tips? Im usually under my calorie goal, and I work in a hot kitchen for 5-6 hours a day.

Also I'm looking for some weight loss buddies. I'm seventeen still living at home, and my mom and dad are overweight and aren't to interested in losing weight. I just don't really have anyone to keep my motivated and my parents just don't seem to understand.

CW: 216
GW: 160

Replies

• 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    You may want to make your diary public and then you can get feedback from people on what your eating as well as how many calories you are eating. This can help people give you better advice.
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not just about the calories, but about the content of them and hydration in your body. Especially if you're working in a hot kitchen, be sure you're drinking plenty of water. Someone told me once to drink at least half your body weight in ounces - so I weigh 220 lbs and drink more than 100oz (13 cups) of water each day. It helps to flush out the sodium and keeps you from retaining water.

Good luck to you! You can do it!!
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Do not eat the calories you burn with excersizing. Make your diary public. You will get more feedback. Good luck
  • brosehemian
    brosehemian Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my first five to seven pounds i lost REALLY fast, mostly by drinking lots and Lots and LOTS of WATERRRRR!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Making food diary public will help give you better feed back. However you might want to look at the goals you've set if you haven't manually changed them you might want to. MFP tends to give the minimums for protein, and if your daily intake goal is 1200 you should at least hit that. You need 1200 minimum a day or you might go into starvation mode.

Congrats to taking another step to being a healthier you =)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Usually? Try to make it daily. Besides working at the kitchen, do you excercise as well? Walk for 20 minutes a day as well. Don't eat after 8pm. Drink lots of water. No juices and no sodas. Try that for a week and see what happens.
  • culinaryaddict
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone for the great advice I will definitely start doing these things.