Progress Post -50lbs since May 30th

Options
I wanted to wait until I reached my goal weight but I was soooo impressed with the difference 50lbs looks I decided to do a progress post.

Journey started May 30th 2015 (Less than 4 months ago). Starting weight 250lbs. Current Weight 200lbs. Down 3 Sizes. Goal Weight 165-175 depending on how I look and feel as I get closer. Any lower and I look unhealthy. I will continue to try and tone as I hit goal weight. Hoping to be at goal weight in the next 2-3 months.

My secret (There is no secret): trying to eat as healthy as possible, cardio and strength training.

Feel free to add me

This was prolly my highest non pregnant weight (I was 35lbs heavier when carrying my daughter :( )

11992453_10153343622324191_1779580442_n.jpg

CAM01899.jpg

The below was a few weeks ago

11140232_10206413341266422_5757930632059992154_n.jpg

11800315_10206221260824531_154208005002596065_n.jpg

Replies

• BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Congrats! :)
  • sandibraymer71
    sandibraymer71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!!
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic - can really see the difference! Keep it up!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic!!! B)
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • rubywooed
    rubywooed Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • hudajor
    hudajor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Really waw amazing , keep going
    And thank you, u really encourage me more and more
  • dschooli
    dschooli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • greedybaby150
    greedybaby150 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • showmanmd
    showmanmd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks...if i can do it..anyone can..mfp has been an incredible help. Seeing everyone elses transformations and encouragment is amazing..the hardest part is making the decision to change and do it..now healthy living seems 2nd nature
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing progress! Me, in that 4 months I've gained 10lbs. I need to get my butt into gear. So, when you say healthy, do you mean low carb etc?
  • showmanmd
    Options
    stacibuk wrote: »
    Wow! Amazing progress! Me, in that 4 months I've gained 10lbs. I need to get my butt into gear. So, when you say healthy, do you mean low carb etc?

To be honest my eating hasn't been the best lately as I have been eating lunch meat but I am still averaging 2lbs a week at a 1450 cal intake (sometimes I eat back exercise cals).

I stay away from all breads (have been eating flat bread) and my meat consists of steak chicken or fish. Dairy is limited to greek yogurt.

I don't miss any of the food I used to eat because I have found alternatives: waldens farms has a huge variety for condiment replacements that are low to zero cals and gluten free. I replaced sugar with Stevia and milk with unsweetened almond milk. I use vegan cheese and pbfit peanutbutter powder (cant tell a difference from the real stuff). I try to eat all organic and gluten free. Chocolate..Don't get me started..I was a fein. Just so happens that Pure Protein has the best bars I have ever eaten, so good in fact I would choose them over a reese cup any day. So if I have to have chocolate..they are my go to.

My rule of thumb is to eat 1 serving (which is typically 4oz) of whatever it might be: a yogurt, granola, meat..every 2-3hrs or when you get hungry. I never have a full meal at one sitting. I might have a smoothie at 8am a yogurt at 10am a serving of steak at 6pm and a veggie serving at 8pm...I ration everything so Im never really hungry but Im never really full either.

My other main thing is..when I go shopping.no matter what kind of food it is...if it is over 200 cals per serving, has more than 20grams of sugar, or a ton of preservatives.. I wont eat it. steak being the only exception and I believe it is around 225cals a serving.

Exercise: 1/2hr of cardio (walking or swimming) & 1/2hr of weight machines or free weights 4-5 times a week. On weekends I do a lot of walking. I found the challenges on fitbit have been a blast and burn a lot of cals in the process. It helps keep you on track too. I highly recommend getting one if you don't have.

Most important: you are going to have bad days, you are going to gain one day and loose the next (I fluctuate up and down all week). I have a week I eat crappy then a week I eat really good. Just DONT GIVE UP. I have days where Im like screw this and will eat fried chicken drenched in buffalo sauce with a side of coke a cola. Then I get up the next day and do an extra 1/2hr of exercising.

Use whatever you can to motivate you.
    MFP and its members have been a great support and Im not sure what I would do if I didn't have Beyoncé blasting in my headphones about how bootylicious her body is..pushing me because I want a bootylicious body too!!

You can absolutely do it!!

Your more than welcome to check out my food diary as I log everything. The good, the bad and the even worse. Kick some fats *kitten*!!!

• becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Rock on girl!!!
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :p:p;)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude, drive, and success!!! :)
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Way to go! SO happy for your success and thanks so much for sharing with us--very inspirational!!
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Very similar stats to me too. Do you mind me asking how tall you are?
  • showmanmd
    Options
    1St..thanks for all the nice comments. It means alot to see someone else notice and appreciate hard work
    Such an inspiration! Very similar stats to me too. Do you mind me asking how tall you are?
    I am about 5'7 1/2" but i have been reading here that with weightloss comes better posture and i could gain a inch in height..so maybe ill be in the 5'8" catagory :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!