Constent Problem EVERY Day!

Options
I am stuck in a rut! I eat healthy but healthy is actually full of natural sugar which counts in the daily goals. I need to know some snacks so i can actaully eat my calories (an extra 400-500 calories with exercise) without constanly going over my sugars. What are suagr free snacks?? It seems an impossible problem to fix :(

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    A handful of sunflower seeds are a good low sugar snack (you can buy them unsalted too)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Nuts are yummy. Raw veggies with hummus.
  • cabbiegabby
    Options
    sugar free jello
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    string cheese
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about natural sugars. It's refined sugar that you really have to keep an eye on. That's what the clever people say, anyway.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    * Sugar free jello.
    * Sugar free pudding [there is naturally occuring sugar in milk- almond milk is lower though].
    * EAS Advantage makes a low carb protein shake- 110 calories and 3 net sugars.
    * Nuts are a great way to eat calories, without a lot of sugar and you get trace minerals, etc.
    * Hommus or reduced sugar peanut butter with with low glycemic index veggies [raw peppers, celery, etc.]

Hope this helps! :)
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am stuck in a rut! I eat healthy but healthy is actually full of natural sugar which counts in the daily goals. I need to know some snacks so i can actaully eat my calories (an extra 400-500 calories with exercise) without constanly going over my sugars. What are suagr free snacks?? It seems an impossible problem to fix :(

What's the difference from sugar in a candy bar, and some vegetables? just the rate it gets absorbed. Which one is bad for you? the candy bar. The vegetables are healthy. If you're not eating junk, don't worry about the sugar.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Whole wheat crackers and cheese sure adds calories but you're also getting some protein. (sigh) God I miss cheese :o(
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I post and don't see posts before mine, then I see them once I've hit "post" and I've said the same thing as some others.

Sorry for being redundant! :)
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    ^^ id go with the string cheese. Sargento low fat string cheese is really good. Also if you're a dessert person, get some sugar free mousse temptations. I think that's what they are called. 60 calories, no sugar, 100 mg of sodium. Oh and "Stacys Pita Chips" are awesome. Raw unsalted almonds too - you can get them in little 100 calorie bags
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about natural sugars. It's refined sugar that you really have to keep an eye on. That's what the clever people say, anyway.

Coming from a family of diabetics.... Sorry to say that natural sugars do count too.
    I try to watch out for hidden sugars in prepared foods. They are pervasive and often only there to increase your appetite.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions. My Dad is a diabetic so i too know that natural sugar is something to watch. Sugar is sugar, eventually it does the same thing as refined sugar.
    String cheese? I dont think we get that in New Zealand... will have to have a look around.
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    It doesn't have to be string cheese, any cheese will do.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    nuts, veg like cucumber or celery with hummus (carrots will have sugar), berries and watermelon are really low in sugar
  • milaxx
    Options
    nuts, veg like cucumber or celery with hummus (carrots will have sugar), berries and watermelon are really low in sugar
  • milaxx
    Options

Coming from a family of diabetics.... Sorry to say that natural sugars do count too.
    I try to watch out for hidden sugars in prepared foods. They are pervasive and often only there to increase your appetite.

sadly that is the current myth on these boards. I eat plenty of fruit and take great pains to balance them out so I don't go over my sugars
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    Carrot sticks or Celery. Both are very low in calorie and the crunching (I find) is very satisfying.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

exactly. Worry about added sugar in processed food etc, but really, if youre going over by eating carrots and apples, dont fret. Thats not whats going to make someone gain weight.
    The only time youd really need to watch that is if you were diabetic
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Walnuts or peanuts are great.:smile:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    dry fry a mix of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds until they start popping and swelling. Toss in a dash of soy sauce and heat until that gets absorbed.

Mix this with a handful of raisins/sultanas if you like.

Tasty and good for you. I usually prepare a batch of seeds and decant to keep in my bag in case I get peckish (prevents those accidental falling into a chocolate bar........)