Am I the only one?

Options
So I recently managed to hit my goal weight which is something I honestly never thought I'd do but then for some reason I totally freaked out. I have no idea why but I stoped logging I even stopped going to the gym for a while. I'm finding it difficult to get my brain out of diet mode. When I monitor my calories I find it really hard to hit my goal which is stupid as trying to recomp an I need those calories. Did any one else have this? Any suggestions on what to eat to hit my macros would be great also I could use some maintenance friends as awsome as they are most of my mfp buddies are still going for weight loss.

Replies

• Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I had this exact same problem and found it really hard to eat my maintenace calories and hit macros but I think you should focus on hitting calories first then in time you'll get the macros it just takes time and getting used to. I was eating at maintenace but I have no Patience whatsoever and I still have body fat to lose. I was gonna do a recomp but no patience for it as its a slow thing so I've decided to keep cutting till I'm at about 20% body fat then am gonna bulk. I'm basically cutting out the middle part lol hope you mange to fix this. Like I said its mentally hard to get your head around but you will eventually :)
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks thought maybe I was having a moment knowing someone else had the same problem makes me feel a lot more positive about it. Am going to focus on trying to hit my calories hopefully then everything else will follow. I debated bulking to as I have little patience but the thought of eating loads scared me a bit hopefully I'll be able to stick this out
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive." ~ Robert Louis Stephenson

What you are feeling is understandable - it is the sense of deflation after an all consuming goal is accomplished and a void left in its place.

Find a new goal which inspires you pronto!
  • KaiUneeda
    KaiUneeda Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was still in "diet mode" for about a year after I lost all my un-wanted weight. My mind was just hard wired, and it was not like I was ever hungry. I then came across recomping when I was trying to figure out how I could still possibly have a little belly after my diet/exercise. It was telling me to add about 1000 more calories to my daily intake. WHAT?! It makes sense to me now, but I am still getting used to it months later. I eat 4 meals with added snacks. I just upped my portion sizes a bit, and adding stuff like chia seeds are a healthy, non-noticeable way of adding calories. I hope this post makes sense, because the tea has not kicked in yet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7 Million people on this planet.

no- you are not- and will never be "the only one who feels like _________" fill in the blank.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

no- you are not- and will never be "the only one who feels like _________" fill in the blank.

AE7D6vw.jpg
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

Don't you mean 7 billion? With a B? :)

• artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been slowly upping my calories as i move into maintenance. I reached my goal a month ago, but have continued to lose a few pounds since which was not planned. When i first switch from weight loss to maintenance, I tried to jump up my calories about 200 all at once and gained several pounds in only 4 days, so I freaked out and went back to diet mode and lost the extra back down to goal. Then I started adding calories slowly, upping them by 25-40 every three or four days if there was no big gain. this has made me feel more comfortable. I am still not eating at my maintenance level yet, but the idea of adding all those extra calories at once just scares me! I will find the number and when i figure it out, I will stick to that. I do try to watch my macros, but I eat differently than a lot of members in that I have mine set to 55% carb, 25% fat, 20% protein which is what works for me and is the ratio I prefer to eat. If I had not had that initial gain, I may not have been so hesitant to ease into my maintenance eating, because I was excited to get to eat more after reaching my goal. However, I totally understand not wanting to add a ton of calories and the fear of getting heavy again. One of my MFP friends who had reached goal and kept it off a year told me not to worry because as long as I stay conscious of my intake, I will not get big again. It really made me feel better about eating more carbs, fat, snacks, etc. It just seemed wrong at first! I am enjoying the process now, and the extra calories are nice.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have changed my weight loss goals to fitness goals instead. I want to be able to do one armed push ups ect... This has helped remind me that this is not over there is still work to do :) Time to be really awesome now!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    It's changing to a new behavioral habit. Just like when you started to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just figured that I might be in the same situation...
    I'm 5'5.4" & 117.7 (as of this morning). Still fee like I can lose a little bit fat & tighten up around my triceps/ back area (I know I can't spot-reduce, but I thought the area would look better once the fat/muscle composition has changed) and it could result in further weight-loss. I know I have to start a new eating plan with different food than when I'm in weight-loss phase to prevent that, but it's really harder than I thought...

I guess I'll start with adding turkey jerky to my snack time in the afternoon!
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Theses are all brilliant im glad that lots of you have got past this stage with no problems. I now think freaking out a bit is normal after working so hard no one wants to put it all back on again. As for finding another goal I've just started reading strong curves and am determined to be that woman in the gym who can lift with the big boys. Seeing as I'm a total weakling this may take a while☺
    Ps congratulations on reaching your goals everyone you all rock
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

AE7D6vw.jpg

Haha, v good
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Your subject to this thread is also a hit song by Melissa Ethridge! I may have spelt that wrong but everyone remember that song???? Ammmm I the onnnnlly one,,,,,