My Struggle! Weight loss, maintaining, exercise

Options
My story in August 2012 I weighed 160+ lbs by December I weighed 126, but slowly but surely as of 9/12/15 I weighed in at 148 lbs:( time to get on track n maintain 130 lbs! I know u cannot cut things u were raised eating out completely because u will binge eventually, so I'm trying to cut down! SWEETS is my biggest obstacle n I'm trying to do a cheat day once a week but it grew into everyday too many times a day so time to get on point! I find at 148 I SNORE N my life struggle with Asthma worsened with the excess weight so these r things that will help me reach n stay at my goal:) hope to hear from others such as myself n support each other:)

Replies

• neldacastillo45
    neldacastillo45 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey I love to help with motivation.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    First of all, exercise isn't necessary to weight loss. Weight loss is caused by burning more calories than you consume. Some people consume less, some people do things to burn more, a lot of people do a combination. So if exercise is difficult with you (and as someone with asthma, i understand!), don't worry about it for now. Focus on adjusting your calories in and getting them down. It's ok if it's slow, too. Don't think about it as losing weight, think about it as retraining your brain and body to what a proper portion of food is. That way, it's much more sustainable!

If you want to exercise, start slow. Go outside, walk in a random direction for 10 minutes, turn and walk back. Bam, 20 minute walk! Doesn't have to be fast, just do it. Once your body adjusts to that so it's easy, push yourself a little. Go a little faster, add 5 minutes, whatever. Make sure you use your inhaler BEFORE exercise, that makes it easier. I started by barely making a 15 minute walk at a slow pace. Now, 6 months later, I can walk fast enough to keep up with my husband so we can walk together. Still not up to jogging or running, haven't got my asthma under control that much yet, but it can be done.