Intake seems so ridiculously low!

13»

Replies

• hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    seska422 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    hcs00 wrote: »
    I also don't drink pop and my coffee powdered creamer/sugar is only 150 calories total a day
    But think what else you could eat if you didn't drink that in your coffee. That's approx. 1.5 medium bananas ... a couple mandarin oranges ... a decent sized bowl of low-cal yogurt ... a slice of toast ... 2 hardboiled eggs
    What's so nice about CICO is that we have the flexibility to decide what's sustainable for ourselves as individuals.

When I started MFP, I tried to stop drinking any calories. However, I prefer to drink some of my calories. That's one of the things I don't want to give up so I haven't.

What is CICO????

I'm lucky that I only like to drink water and coffee, so no pops or sweetened teas effect me. Well don't count booze because I love that but only one drinking day a week.
  • hcs00
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I also don't drink pop and my coffee powdered creamer/sugar is only 150 calories total a day

But think what else you could eat if you didn't drink that in your coffee. That's approx. 1.5 medium bananas ... a couple mandarin oranges ... a decent sized bowl of low-cal yogurt ... a slice of toast ... 2 hardboiled eggs

OKAY! That banana comment solidified it. I'm having one coffee with a little creamer/sugar now and will try one black next.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    What is CICO????
    Calories In Calories Out. As long as you consume fewer calories than your body uses, you'll lose weight. People can have different eating preferences and each still lose weight as long as they are at a calorie deficit.
  • eyeamAnne
    eyeamAnne Posts: 24 Member
    My husband is crazy skinny but he is super supportive of my weight loss. If I make a dinner with grilled chicken, beans, corn, rice, and veggies he will just eat twice the rice and beans and he snacks more. On nights when he eats something that I don't have enough calories for I will eat leftovers that are healthy.

I make steel cut oats for breakfast. Oh my heck they are so filling. I put 3/4 cup steel cut oats and a little over 3 cups of water into the slow cooker before I go to bed. I set the slow cooker to Low for 6 hours. In the morning I scoop out half for myself and add one teaspoon of brown sugar. Then I add some kind of dried, frozen, or fresh fruit. I'm stuffed when I'm done and the calories are comparable to a measly half cup of cereal with half cup of milk.

I love open faced peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. One slice of bread, 2 tablespoon of peanut butter, and one teaspoon chia seeds (because I love the texture). Then I eat something else with it. I usually only eat about 400 calories for dinner. I snack on things like cheese and Greek yogurt.

Don't let yourself go hungry. Find the foods that satisfy you. Try some of the recipes on the myfitnesspal blog!!! They are satisfying and less than 400 calories.

And I know your husband doesn't need to lose weight. But everyone benefits from eating healthier food.
  • hcs00
    eyeamAnne wrote: »
    My husband is crazy skinny but he is super supportive of my weight loss. If I make a dinner with grilled chicken, beans, corn, rice, and veggies he will just eat twice the rice and beans and he snacks more. On nights when he eats something that I don't have enough calories for I will eat leftovers that are healthy.

I make steel cut oats for breakfast. Oh my heck they are so filling. I put 3/4 cup steel cut oats and a little over 3 cups of water into the slow cooker before I go to bed. I set the slow cooker to Low for 6 hours. In the morning I scoop out half for myself and add one teaspoon of brown sugar. Then I add some kind of dried, frozen, or fresh fruit. I'm stuffed when I'm done and the calories are comparable to a measly half cup of cereal with half cup of milk.

I love open faced peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. One slice of bread, 2 tablespoon of peanut butter, and one teaspoon chia seeds (because I love the texture). Then I eat something else with it. I usually only eat about 400 calories for dinner. I snack on things like cheese and Greek yogurt.

Don't let yourself go hungry. Find the foods that satisfy you. Try some of the recipes on the myfitnesspal blog!!! They are satisfying and less than 400 calories.

And I know your husband doesn't need to lose weight. But everyone benefits from eating healthier food.

Oh he is supportive, but not going to stick to my diet entirely of course. He (well and I, hence the weight problem) can eat huge portions in a sitting so it's tough to adjust to less.

Last night we had pork chops, he had an extra one plus cooked his in a bit of oil while mine was not. We had a cheesy potato side (I trained last night so had extra calories to eat) and then he eats ice cream after :)

I definitely need the more filling while still decent calorie lunches. Peanut butter is the greatest and I should start that!