Exercise.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Build muscle
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can't. Not enough that it matters anyway.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If by metabolism you mean the amount of calories you burn during the day through any means, move more. That can be exercise or any other forms of daily activity like walking around more.

If you mean the amount you burn by just sitting around, there would be a slight effect if you were to increase muscle mass (although that will take a lot of work which will itself burn calories), and I think there are minor effects from caffeine. But really nothing.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Basically nothing meaningful, if you mean only passive calorie burn. Otherwise, move more.
  • smhglz
    smhglz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    If by metabolism you mean the amount of calories you burn during the day through any means, move more. That can be exercise or any other forms of daily activity like walking around more.

If you mean the amount you burn by just sitting around, there would be a slight effect if you were to increase muscle mass (although that will take a lot of work which will itself burn calories), and I think there are minor effects from caffeine. But really nothing.

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you're sedentary, walking 30 minutes a day (or other daily activity) will increase how many calories you burn in a day more than any pill/trick/etc. will do. If you're sedentary, walking 30 minutes will burn calories AND give you more energy the rest of the day AND help you sleep better. If that's what you mean by "increase my metabolism."
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Look up reverse dieting :)