Rewards :)

Options
I have several mini goals to get to my overall goal and want to come up with non food related rewards. These goals vary in amount lost (3lbs-10lbs). What rewards have you given yourself or plan to :) ?? I already have new clothes as a couple of them but I thought it would be fun to see others :))

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    new clothes, weekend trip, decadent meal at fancy restaurant, signing up for a race or something you might be scared of doing...
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I didn't even think about signging up for a race as one!! I will definitely be doing that for 5ks for some of my mini goals and a Disney half for my big goal!!!! (I did a Disney 10 miler once and had a blast. They are just so darn expensive)
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My 50 lb goal is to get a deep tissue massage. I can't wait for that. lol I'm at 28 now. My next goal is at 75 lbs and I am going to get a couple new sets of clothes. At 100 lbs loss I plan on going on a trip for a long weekend. Maybe to the Smokey Mountains (we'll see). The little goals are pedicures, haircut, haircolor and manicures.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like pampering with spa treatments. I really want to try the float therapy,
  • lynette4
    Options
    What is a float treatment?? That sounds relaxing! Hmmmm I am in need of a hair color so that could be my next 10 lb goal?? Thanks! You guys are really helping!
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've just ordered some OPI nail polish as a present to myself for passing a mini-goal.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    lynette4 wrote: »
    What is a float treatment?? That sounds relaxing! Hmmmm I am in need of a hair color so that could be my next 10 lb goal?? Thanks! You guys are really helping!
    You float in a pod or large tub in heated salt water in the dark. It is supposed to be extremely relaxing. Sessions are usually 45 minutes and people say it feels like a full nights rest.
  • DawnUrbanski
    DawnUrbanski Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal of 45 lbs and I want to get my first tattoo
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've got a little over 80 lbs to lose and am doing rewards in 10 lb increments. Here is mine:

20 lbs - Nerd Fitness Hat
    30 lbs - Indoor Paintball Session
    40 lbs - Nerd Fitness Shirt
    50 lbs - Bottle Of Scotch (Up To $100)
    60 lbs - Round of Golf At A Nice Course (Up to $150)
    70 lbs - Pair Of Converse Chuck II Shoes
    80 lbs - Tattoo (Up to $250)

I haven't figured out if I'm doing a 10 lb one yet or not. I've lost 10 lbs a bunch of times and then gone immediately back to eating like crap so I kind of want to make my first big goal 20 lbs so that I might feel like I've gone too far to go back.

I also was very adamant about making these rewards non-food related. In the past I've set my rewards as "dinner @ _____________" or something along those lines. Other than the scotch (which has never been a problem for me) I made sure everything I was rewarding myself with is something that will motivate me either through a cool experience or something I wouldn't normally buy.
  • lynette4
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    lynette4 wrote: »
    You float in a pod or large tub in heated salt water in the dark. It is supposed to be extremely relaxing. Sessions are usually 45 minutes and people say it feels like a full nights rest.
    Omg that sounds AMAZING!

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i haven't given myself any tangible rewards. but i hope that i have rewarded myself in years of living.

i like the incremental reward idea. i might try that to get rid of my last 10. Seems to be the hardest to get rid of. But if I do it, I will be within normal BMI for the first time, in probably 25 years or more.
  • lynette4
    Options
    i haven't given myself any tangible rewards. but i hope that i have rewarded myself in years of living.

i like the incremental reward idea. i might try that to get rid of my last 10. Seems to be the hardest to get rid of. But if I do it, I will be within normal BMI for the first time, in probably 25 years or more.
    You can do it! I have to do little goals or the whole thing is overwhelming and I get mad I let myself slip this far.
  • lynette4
    Options
    BTW you guys can me as a friend if you would like
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Tossing (recycling/donating) out *all* my fat clothes was more rewarding than buying the new ones but hey I enjoyed that too.

Being able to do some mountain trail races (25km coming up soon, a 16km on Halloween) is a nice reward as is the growing collection of street and trail shoes (sssh. don't tell my wife).

Really the biggest reward I give myself is time to do stuff (like running in the mountains) that I simply could not have done this time last year.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My biggest reward will be getting my wedding dress I just purchased sized down. It's size 10 now...
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My reward is seeing my success reflected in the numbers on the scale and the fit of my clothes and how I feel when I move. When it comes to new clothes, a new book or special trinket or just indulging in some tasty treats. I do that whenever I feel like doing so. Doing and buying things that I enjoy is not a reward. It is just enjoying life. Fat or thin we all deserve to be happy and enjoy our lives.

• dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    20 pound goal is : my sister takes me rock climbing! My 50 pound goal is : go on a trip to Alaska for a week. Overall goal is : new clothes and become a bodybuilder
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I lost 30 lbs, I got another piercing in my ears as a reminder of how far I've come
  • lynette4
    Options
    My reward is seeing my success reflected in the numbers on the scale and the fit of my clothes and how I feel when I move. When it comes to new clothes, a new book or special trinket or just indulging in some tasty treats. I do that whenever I feel like doing so. Doing and buying things that I enjoy is not a reward. It is just enjoying life. Fat or thin we all deserve to be happy and enjoy our lives.
    I do enjoy my life very much :) but to me it's fun to throw in something special I wouldn't normally do. That way when I REALLY want that cake I can think to myself "but your so close to your next goal and guess what that means????" Helps me build my will power :) sometimes I time it up with a goal so I have time to save money for it ;). However, I agree with nothing being more rewarding than seeing yourself become more fit and healthy!!
    hotnumber wrote: »
    When I lost 30 lbs, I got another piercing in my ears as a reminder of how far I've come
    I like that idea! Very creative
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When I hit 140 pounds, 21 pounds away, I'm getting a full makeover--SUPER excited for that reward! :)