Rewards :)

Options
2»

Replies

• memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I get to the end, it'll be a tattoo that says " Make Your Own Luck" with a shamrock.
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I hit 140 pounds, 21 pounds away, I'm getting a full makeover--SUPER excited for that reward! :)
    WOW! Good job keep it up!!!!!!!!
    memickee wrote: »
    When I get to the end, it'll be a tattoo that says " Make Your Own Luck" with a shamrock.
    I've always wanted a tattoo but every time I have enough money something comes up lol maybe some day!!

• Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will treat myself to something at some point, but for now fitness and compliments are their own reward.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also, tattoos. I've always had some that I wanted to get, but never while I'm obese. I don't want my body to change so much that it screws up whatever ink I get.
  • Sabrinarose8
    Sabrinarose8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Another idea is reward yourself for developing healthy habits in the long term. for instance whenever I reach another 50 days of logging on MFP I reward myself with a book, clothing, or buy myself some flowers. I also am thinking about bigger rewards for years living healthy. When I get closer to goal I know the weight loss will slow down so this way I have a positive reinforcement to sick to healthy habits. I also plan to do this when I reach maintenance. I really feel like the last few times where I lost weight but then quit and gained it back was because I got too fustrated the scale wasn't moving. I lost track of the importance of developing a healthy lifestyle, I hope this time my rewards will keep me focused. Only time will tell for sure
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've got a little over 80 lbs to lose and am doing rewards in 10 lb increments. Here is mine:

20 lbs - Nerd Fitness Hat
    30 lbs - Indoor Paintball Session
    40 lbs - Nerd Fitness Shirt
    50 lbs - Bottle Of Scotch (Up To $100)
    60 lbs - Round of Golf At A Nice Course (Up to $150)
    70 lbs - Pair Of Converse Chuck II Shoes
    80 lbs - Tattoo (Up to $250)

I haven't figured out if I'm doing a 10 lb one yet or not. I've lost 10 lbs a bunch of times and then gone immediately back to eating like crap so I kind of want to make my first big goal 20 lbs so that I might feel like I've gone too far to go back.

I also was very adamant about making these rewards non-food related. In the past I've set my rewards as "dinner @ _____________" or something along those lines. Other than the scotch (which has never been a problem for me) I made sure everything I was rewarding myself with is something that will motivate me either through a cool experience or something I wouldn't normally buy.
    I wouldn't want any of these rewards and I still think they are awesome :smiley:

Well ... maybe the Nerd Fitness Hat