Need a bit of info!

Options
I'm a 24yr old female. 5ft 4in and currently weigh 144lbs. I started dieting last week I was 154lbs so lost 10lbs that week by cutting out all the junk I was eating. I'm eating around 1000calories a day and feel fine, not sluggish or tired or hungry. I'm joining the gym Monday and was wondering if I need to up my calorie intake as il be burning some off when exercising. Or should I be ok just sticking to my 1000 calories and exercising without taking on any extra calories. I'm hoping to get to a goal of 120lbs. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You should up it.
  • laurr2015
    laurr2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You should up it.

Thanks
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    She who eats the most and still loses is the winner. You are asking for trouble by eating only a 1000 calories a day. So stop, it is not healthy at all :(
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Skip the meal before going to the gym, train fasted, and then have a larger meal afterwards. Add some of the calories that trackers show for the exercise, but be wary of suspiciously high numbers - they tend to exaggerate the numbers.
    In any case with such a low intake intermittent fasting is your friend - eat two meals per day at the maximum and avoid snacking. And make sure that a decent amount of these calories is coming from protein!.
  • laurr2015
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    She who eats the most and still loses is the winner. You are asking for trouble by eating only a 1000 calories a day. So stop, it is not healthy at all :(

I'm not finding myself hungry. When I think to what I was eating I just think I was pure greedy and out of boredom not that I needed it
  • laurr2015
    Options
    Skip the meal before going to the gym, train fasted, and then have a larger meal afterwards. Add some of the calories that trackers show for the exercise, but be wary of suspiciously high numbers - they tend to exaggerate the numbers.
    In any case with such a low intake intermittent fasting is your friend - eat two meals per day at the maximum and avoid snacking. And make sure that a decent amount of these calories is coming from protein!.

Thankyou that helps alot
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You need to up your calorie intake :]

Well done on your loss so far - and it's a miracle you aren't feeling sluggish on 1000 per day, but trust me - you will begin to. This is a very low (not to mention unsustainable) amount to be eating and totally unnecessary. I am 5'2, 128lbs and I eat 1500 calories a day and still lose.

Good luck.
  • laurr2015
    Options

Well done on your loss so far - and it's a miracle you aren't feeling sluggish on 1000 per day, but trust me - you will begin to. This is a very low (not to mention unsustainable) amount to be eating and totally unnecessary. I am 5'2, 128lbs and I eat 1500 calories a day and still lose.

Good luck.

Thankyou for your comment, i agree, I think once the novelty of starting a diet again has worn off I will be needing the extra calories. I'm not deliberately having that low of an intake but why force myself to eat pointless amount of food if I'm just not hungry.. but a soon as I start the gym and begin exercising frequently I think I will need more food to keep me going. Thankyou
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    laurr2015 wrote: »

Good luck.

Thankyou for your comment, i agree, I think once the novelty of starting a diet again has worn off I will be needing the extra calories. I'm not deliberately having that low of an intake but why force myself to eat pointless amount of food if I'm just not hungry.. but a soon as I start the gym and begin exercising frequently I think I will need more food to keep me going. Thankyou

You're welcome! And well done on taking everyones comments on board - you've got this! :)