Do you beat yourself up about gaining poundS back ??

Options
san504
san504 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I tend to get down on myself when i gain lbs back.. I try not to but .. It happens ...a co worker said to me "you gain some weight I see " my whole day was off . Any suggestion?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A *kitten* slap may help.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Are you watching the graphs on the "reports" section? These give you a good idea of your long term progress, and show you that weigh loss is not linear. You will see the lines in your graph squiggling along up and down. This is important for those days when you're up a few pounds. As long as your overall trend is down, there's nothing to worry about. B)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Your co-worker is not a nice person and almost certainly jealous of you. Please ignore them. No decent, self respecting person would make a comment about another persons weight gain unless they are trying to bring you down. You're beautiful as you are regardless of weight loss/gain. Forget that loser.

If you do find yourself gaining weight and you want to lose it - track what you eat, weigh your food and eat at a sensible deficit and I promise it'll disappear. It's always a good thing to be aware of what you're eating so you don't find that pounds are creeping on when you least expect. You've got this :]
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    san504 wrote: »
    ...a co worker said to me "you gain some weight I see " my whole day was off . Any suggestion?

Yes, tell your co-worker "would you like to gain a foot in your bum?" and go on about your day.

It doesn't matter if you gain some weight back in the short term (which could be as a result of a natural weight fluctuation due to water retention any way.) What matter is the overall downward trend over time.

Your success is based on what you do consistently and regularly over time. Don't let the short term blips throw you. Just keep going. You'll be fine.

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't even comment about whether or not I beat myself up because that coworker is such a douche!
  • san504
    Options
    Thank you JaneiR36 I agree
  • san504
    Options
    Lol!! Msf74 I needed this laugh it's hard enough on this Journey then to have .. Negative ppl around is even worst .
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Through out the year I vary about 8-10 lbs. When I'm at the higher end, I just enjoy my bigger boobs and larger food/alcohol consumption. When I'm at the lighter end, I look at my naked self in the mirror a lot more often, and wear the few clothes that I can't fit in to the rest of the year. I don't get down on myself, it's not that serious. I've never gained more than 15-20 lbs though (except with pregnancy), so if I had gained more than that, I would likely freak the eff out.
  • san504
    Options
    snowflake954 ..ok then I am not that off ...thank you .. I am truly glad we have this forum it's helps A lot
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meh...i do a pretty good job of watching my weight...it definitely fluctuates throughout the year...i tend to carry more weight in the winter because it's dark and cold and I spend less time on my bike and there's all kinds of delicious comfort foods about, not to mention holidays. I usually put on a good 8-10 Lbs over the winter...it comes off pretty naturally when the temps heat up and the days get longer and I get out on my bike more...

no reason to beat myself up about it...it's a pretty harmless cycle...beating myself up about it really isn't a healthy mindset. there's more to health and wellness than weight...
  • san504
    edited September 2015
    Options
    PinkPixiexox Thank you so much for your kind words ..
  • Cheesburgerlover
    Cheesburgerlover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes I beatg myself alot....I hate myself right now. gained back 60 lbs after reaching my goal weight last year. I hate this feeling. I know what you mean.

• san504
    Options
    MonkeyMel21
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    People that say stuff like that are out there to discourage you because they're unsecured of themselves, or are just plain mean. Don't let it get to you. If you've been consistently working out, your body will lose the weight. Sometimes we have setbacks, and that's ok. Just reexamine your meals, snacks, and your workouts and see what kind of changes can be made. Your body will get use to the routine and will not burn as many calories after a while, so have to change it up at least once a month. Hang in there!
  • san504
    Options
    Cheesburgerlover same here I know that feeling ..
  • san504
    Options
    Noelv1976 thank you .. I think your right I will switch my workout ..
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    san504 wrote: »
    MonkeyMel21

Yeeeessss? :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I recently gained back 11lbs. I had to stop running but I didn't adjust me eating. You can't eat like your running 5 miles a day and not exercise. Any way, no I'm not beating myself up for it. Self-flagellation is pointless. I heartily do agree with the b1tch slap to your coworker. Who says that?
  • Cajunkitty70394
    Cajunkitty70394 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes yes and yes !
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope. Because I am bulking, cant get gains without gaining so