Book worms

Options
oregon_mama
oregon_mama Posts: 37 Member
Whats your favorite book? My favorites are twilight series, fever series by Karen Marie mooning. And my new favorite is redeeming love by Francine rivers. I just bought myself a color nook.. Looking to add some new title. What's your favorites?

Replies

• BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games! If you haven't read it, do it! Its a must!

I love Nicholas sparks books. I read a ton of young adult chick-lit too! Im a sucker for the cutesy romance stories.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Whats your favorite book? My favorites are twilight series, fever series by Karen Marie mooning. And my new favorite is redeeming love by Francine rivers. I just bought myself a color nook.. Looking to add some new title. What's your favorites?

Oh my gosh...Redeeming Love is my most favorite book of all time! I never read the same book twice, but have read R L 3x and I cried like a baby every single time!! lol
  • oregon_mama
    Options

I love Nicholas sparks books. I read a ton of young adult chick-lit too! Im a sucker for the cutesy romance stories.
  • oregon_mama
    Options

oh I love sparks too! And read more young adult books then anything
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If you like young lit fiction read "13 Reasons Why". I had to read it for a Lit class last year. I was 41 and I enjoyed it. Others in the class were 17 and up and all seemed to get something out of it.

:)
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "Divided Loyalties" by L.K. Malone. It is older (written before 9/11) but I thought it was very well written.

I also like anything written by Susan May Warren.

I enjoyed the Twilight series as well.
    3382977.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick a favorite. I love Ayn Rands 'Anthem', along with what feels like it's counterpart (same ideals), '1984'. On a whole different level, a great time travel fiction 'To Say Nothing of the Dog' I've read a few times :happy:

I can re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Hamlet", and "Great Expectations" as many times as you hand them to me. Can't get enough!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Love Nicholas Sparks too! I also love Janet Evanovich and Michael Scott. My favorite author lately has been Jodi Picoult.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love love love YA books! My hubby makes fun of me for reading "teen" books, but I don't care! :) If you like Twilight you will probably like Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, they are pretty good. I also love The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
  • oregon_mama
    Options
    I love love love YA books! My hubby makes fun of me for reading "teen" books, but I don't care! :) If you like Twilight you will probably like Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, they are pretty good. I also love The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
    mine does too! Hey they are good. And they seem to have gotten better over time. I dont remember my teen books as a teen being as good as they are now.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Christian authors mostly, but I liked the twilight series as well, Janet Evanovich is another of my favs. . .Right now I am reading Jillian michaels "Unlimited" Awesome book!:smile:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Lamb by Christopher Moore is probably my favorite, right now. That man is a comical genius. I like pretty much all of Ray Bradbury's and Douglas Adams' stuff. I never get tired of the Harry Potter books. My dad's recently started me on Philip K. **** and Kurt Vonnegut, both of whom I like (though I think I'm actually more partial to Vonnegut's non-fiction). I like a lot of random, mostly sci-fi-ish stuff: Michael Crichton, Robin Cook, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Edgar Allen Poe, etc. I also really like mythology and King Arthur lore, so I'm always willing to check out books based around that (or, you know, just read random mythology).
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been going to school so long all I've had time for is textbooks. I used to really like Alice Hoffman, she wrote Practical Magic and many others. Amy Tan, Joy Luck club and others of hers are good too.