hi, I.am Becca I am 55 andneedto lose 80 lbs. looking for a friend to take this journey with.

Options
I am struggling with weight loss. Seems like I start out good and then along comes my old friend food. If anyoneis having this struggle and has overcome please help me. I eat even when I amnot hungry. Is it possible to be a foodaholic.If so what do I do? Could be its a friend I can't say no to. I really don't know. Anyone as lost about losing as I am?

Replies

• radwraps91
    radwraps91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Message me!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone in your struggles - many people on here suffer with what they call 'food addiction'. In most cases, it isn't food addiction at all. You just haven't found anything to distract you from it yet :) Once you find that motivation, you won't feel like you HAVE to eat. I know it's easier said than done but sometimes it helps to ask yourself just how important your goal is before you knowingly over-eat. It helped me hugely. I also tell myself "Instead of eating that burger, I'm going to do something productive and look forward to my healthy nutricious meal later!".
  • CherylFoster1
    CherylFoster1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Becca, I am starting today too and am very similar in age and my goals - lets not let food take over any more - we are in control.