Hound needs new home!

Options
So one of my favorite things to do was cook up 2 packages of Ramen noodles and cut some sausage up in it. I am telling you that I had this particular dish for lunch a lot. So despite the fact that I knew it was gluttony and I was not going to do it again I looked it up. Of course it was way off the hook in the amount of cals it had, I expected that. But what came as a surprise to me was that one package of Ramen noodles is actually considered 2 servings! That was shocking to me, cause I can tell you honestly I have never halved a package of Ramen noodles in my life. :)
So in actuality I was totally eating 4 helpings of Ramen and a big ol sausage everyday for lunch..LOL no wonder I gained a lot of weight, that is more calories than I am allowed now all day! Well my 2 Ramen days are in the past now, as glorious as they may have been. One of the things that I have really been discovering is how damn much I really was eating...man...I was a regular chow hound. But like they say every dog has its day, guess I will have to kennel that hound and let the picky kitty out :)
So it anyone is looking for a chow hound you can have mine, I promise he will eat well.

To your success!
J

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    lol. I ws shocked when I found that out too. I ALWAYS ate the whole pack myself and then I too noticed omg its two dang servings. For the past six months I eat half when I eat it but...ugh. whats that. not much food at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Do you think you should've gained more?

What I don't get is that many people overeat and don't gain more than they do. If the math is accurate, I know someone who should be gaining a pound a day.

She's 5'5" and 350. She's is FAT. But she's not as fat as the math says she should be. I didn't get as fat as the math would suggest I should've, either.

Anorexics don't lose as much as the math would suggest they should. They get very skinny and sometimes die. They LOSE. But they don't lose as much as the math would suggest they should. It takes much longer for them to die than one would think, doing math.

I am convinced there is more to it than X number of calories = X number of pounds.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

What I don't get is that many people overeat and don't gain more than they do. If the math is accurate, I know someone who should be gaining a pound a day.

She's 5'5" and 350. She's is FAT. But she's not as fat as the math says she should be. I didn't get as fat as the math would suggest I should've, either.

Anorexics don't lose as much as the math would suggest they should. They get very skinny and sometimes die. They LOSE. But they don't lose as much as the math would suggest they should. It takes much longer for them to die than one would think, doing math.

I am convinced there is more to it than X number of calories = X number of pounds.

She ... who???

Are you even responding to this thread?

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    So one of my favorite things to do was cook up 2 packages of Ramen noodles and cut some sausage up in it. I am telling you that I had this particular dish for lunch a lot. So despite the fact that I knew it was gluttony and I was not going to do it again I looked it up. Of course it was way off the hook in the amount of cals it had, I expected that. But what came as a surprise to me was that one package of Ramen noodles is actually considered 2 servings! That was shocking to me, cause I can tell you honestly I have never halved a package of Ramen noodles in my life. :)
    So in actuality I was totally eating 4 helpings of Ramen and a big ol sausage everyday for lunch..LOL no wonder I gained a lot of weight, that is more calories than I am allowed now all day! Well my 2 Ramen days are in the past now, as glorious as they may have been. One of the things that I have really been discovering is how damn much I really was eating...man...I was a regular chow hound. But like they say every dog has its day, guess I will have to kennel that hound and let the picky kitty out :)
    So it anyone is looking for a chow hound you can have mine, I promise he will eat well.

To your success!
    J

Lol! I love your posts. I didn't used to eat ramen too often, but I did like it a lot, and usually ate at least most (if not all) of an entire brick of noodles. I was not a fan of the seasoning packet, so I always skipped that, and most often I did toss them with a lot of fresh veggies, and I thought "this must be healthy," without bothering to check the nutrition label, let alone weigh/measure. Really glad that I know better, now, I don't think I'll be parting with my kitchen scale anytime soon (like ever!)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

How do you know how much she eats or burns? People burn more when they are very fat, both simply because they are bigger and because it takes more effort to move about.

The math seems to make complete sense with my weight gain, when I think about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eh I don't know. I checked Scooby and my maintenance when I was obese showed 2300 calories tops... 5'5", sedentary, 200 pounds, 33 year old.

I maintained 200 pounds for 10 years. I'm quite sure I was eating WAY more than 2300 calories. But I had diarrhea all the time, maybe I was just pooping some out? I don't know... It's just very odd.

• moeneyluv
    moeneyluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    But I had diarrhea all the time, maybe I was just pooping some out? I don't know... It's just very odd.

Sometimes diarrhea makes me feel good when it's all done, not during. I like feeling "lighter"

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Thermic effect of food, different amounts of calories in certain things vs. their listed content, fiber content, etc.

Besides... everyone is estimating how much they ate.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    [quote=

I am convinced there is more to it than X number of calories = X number of pounds. [/quote]

Anorexics usually die from complications corresponding to their illness, so this comment is beyond bizarre.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    My husband eats Ramen I never really liked it. I guess I'm glad. He likes to add hot dogs so 2 hot dogs and a pack of noodles the sodium must be through the roof nevermind the calories. Yet he is not overweight I just sometimes do not understand
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds eating Ramen every day. I never knew people ate the whole block and always broke it in half, but it's still 190 calories for the half block. I mixed it with chicken breast and whatever veggies I could stand. It's cheap (critical for me), bland without the seasoning so it goes with a lot, and it's warm and filling. Eating a couple of packages at a time would be a whole lot of Ramen though!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I was and wasnt shcoked about Noodles. I dont find them that filling, so kind of stopped. If I do noodles these days its more of a treat and its egg, wheat or rice. They are much nicer.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

She ... who???

My questions exactly.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options

She ... who???

My questions exactly.

In the sentence directly above the one that is confusing y'all, she introduces the person she's about to start referencing with the pronoun 'she'.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like ramen with crushed red peppers added. My mom used to bake pork chops, and we had that with ramen. She'd also make "rio ramen," which was basically just taco meat and cheese on ramen noodles. All pretty tasty, but I burned out on ramen, so I don't eat it much any more.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I like ramen with a dab of Peruvian yellow pepper paste. Just a dab. Or some Jamaican curry powder. I like to keep my ramens exotic.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

She ... who???

My questions exactly.

In the sentence directly above the one that is confusing y'all, she introduces the person she's about to start referencing with the pronoun 'she'.
    Yes, there was no reason for a new paragraph. Jumping down a line was unnecessary and - obviously - hard to follow.

My fault!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    lol. I ws shocked when I found that out too. I ALWAYS ate the whole pack myself and then I too noticed omg its two dang servings. For the past six months I eat half when I eat it but...ugh. whats that. not much food at all.

You got me thinking and I had to take a quick look at the packets in my food drawer.

"Servings per package: 1"

Whew. :)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cute post- Thumbs up!