Who else is guilty of the daily sweet tooth??

Options

Replies

• sdewey9
    sdewey9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still have my daily coffee with sugar and cream. :) and to satisfy any guilty pleasure I take a bite of my husbands ice cream!
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Cadbury highlights hot chocolate drink 40 cals sorts me out!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    There is no "guilt." Seriously.
  • Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    I eat a ton of sugar. Mostly fruit, but I also eat a bowl of pb2 with sliced bananas, 15g of miniature chocolate chips, and a grind of pink sea salt several times a week. Or a spiced date smoothie with coconut/almond milk. I went easy on the main dishes at the Thai buffet this weekend because mango and sticky rice and taro dumplings in coconut milk are life.

I've lost 40 lbs since last December by weighing every chunk of pineapple. My food choices may be atypical, but they work for my personal medical needs, my hair and nails are happy, and my skin looked gorgeous until I had to start progesterone a few weeks ago.

But I know my limits, so I police my ice cream intake. Dairy doesn't make my belly happy, anyway, and dairy free Ben and Jerry's isn't available in my town yet.

Wow 40 pound lost is great. I dont have any suggestions for the sweet tooth craving but I will try your method. My craving isnt so much candy but pastries. I have cut way down on bread but it seems that it has been replaced with cupcakes and things of that nature. I feel like i self sabotage myself and I hate it.

Thanks for the post.

• Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    To stay within my calorie/nutrient macros and feel satiated longer (full) I eat vanilla protein powder and peanut butter powder blended in almond milk with a few ice cubes. Delicious and keeps me full for about 2-3 hours. Sometimes I add some coffee if I want some. Sugary sweet things don't work for me -- need to save my calories for protein and fat which keep me full longer and within my calorie deficiency. I don't do well on the 1 square of dark chocolate (always want more) but it works for some.
  • FatRunningMan1966
    Options
    I have switched to dark chocolate. 1 or 2 cubes of a Lyndtt 70% chocolate satisfies my cravings and I calculate it as part of my daily calories
  • alt5057
    alt5057 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have found eating a good piece of chocolate (the high quality stuff!) can help satisfy a chocolate craving. I find the darker the chocolate, the less it takes to satisfy a sweet tooth because the good stuff is so much more flavorful...you don't need to keep eating it.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've kind of been indulging a Magnum Bar addiction for the last couple of weeks (double caramel is like crack cocaine), almost every night. Have also lost three pounds over the last two weeks. Also have been eating plenty of protein, veggies, and fruit during the day.
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Skinny rice cake with peanut butter :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Cow stuff is not much lower calories honestly.. might as well use the real stuff.

But nope. Lost 80 pounds, still have treats most days, and I find it awesome that I can maintain a normal weight without depriving myself.

I had a small fruit tart today, some apple bread, and a Fiber One pumpkin bar. Will still have a deficit (granted, not the best choices and I definitely try to avoid eating that much sugar in one day typically). No guilt here except when I eat over my calories because of it.. but even then I just make up for it later.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    ad08qp1z5xml.jpg
    Ive seen these but haven't had the nerve to buy a bag for fear of not liking them...are they good?!?

My garden center has the Dove Dark Chocolate/Caramel in their candy bowl so I got to try them there. They're ok, but I prefer Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate/Caramel squares. 70 calories.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Cleo0816 wrote: »
    I crave something sweet/chocolately just about every day. You could almost compare it to the feeling people have as they crave coffee throughout their day.

Who has come up with some good substitutes?? So far I've found the Skinny Cow products have tasted great while also being low in calories. But... any other ideas for this situation?

I do eat small amounts of high quality chocolate just about every day, but cravings may be a sign of a magnesium deficiency.

184ca457781d30680e2a229aeb0712ae.jpg

You post this a lot, but... it's really a bunch of woo. There are so many foods higher in magnesium than chocolate that the idea that your body would crave chocolate due to magnesium is, well, quite a reach. The magnesium content is in the pure cocoa. There are other things in chocolate than cocoa. It would have to specifically be a craving for very dark chocolate, at the very least.

Look where chocolate falls on this list:

magnesiumhealthfoods.jpg

Pumpkin seeds are a far more logical craving.

To the OP? I start each day with protein coffee made with mocha espresso protein powder mixed with my coffee. I sweeten it with liquid Splenda (not afraid of sugar, but I'd rather save the calories) and jazz it up with some chai spices -- cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.

I work out fasted every morning and I look forward to that cup of coffee the whole time. It's such a treat.

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Special K brownies and vita top muffins

The vita tops are the bomb. Especially the chocolate chococate chip. I bake mine in the oven and it reminds me of when I used to eat the chocolate pop tarts
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    I eat a ton of sugar. Mostly fruit, but I also eat a bowl of pb2 with sliced bananas, 15g of miniature chocolate chips, and a grind of pink sea salt several times a week. Or a spiced date smoothie with coconut/almond milk. I went easy on the main dishes at the Thai buffet this weekend because mango and sticky rice and taro dumplings in coconut milk are life.

I've lost 40 lbs since last December by weighing every chunk of pineapple. My food choices may be atypical, but they work for my personal medical needs, my hair and nails are happy, and my skin looked gorgeous until I had to start progesterone a few weeks ago.

But I know my limits, so I police my ice cream intake. Dairy doesn't make my belly happy, anyway, and dairy free Ben and Jerry's isn't available in my town yet.

Wow 40 pound lost is great. I dont have any suggestions for the sweet tooth craving but I will try your method. My craving isnt so much candy but pastries. I have cut way down on bread but it seems that it has been replaced with cupcakes and things of that nature. I feel like i self sabotage myself and I hate it.

Thanks for the post.

Ooo! I love it when people get stuff out of my posts because I feel like I personalize things too much. I feel like I should add that I also eat a lot of vegetables, tofu, eggs, nuts/seeds, grains, etc. For weekends with my boyfriend, I eat meat, but it saves me money to not eat it at home. Cookies and stuff are often on the menu, too, but he keeps me honest about how much I'm eating. It's a lot easier to go overboard on cake than dates, and it's easier to go overboard on dates than berries.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Why should I feel guilty for enjoying food?
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth is ginormous. No shame here!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have 15 regular m&ms twice a day. 112 calories all together. That way I dont blow it and still feel satisfaction.
  • nikkiab86
    nikkiab86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am eating something sweet everyday. I limited it from the beginning. Now, I'm going to chew on gum to fight these cravings. I'm just tapering off the sweets. Sweets sre like caffeine to me. I really don't need sugar. Unless from a fruit.
  • preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and/or gelato everyday.

Gelato, weighed out by the GRAM :(

But everyday.
  • WickedZombieQueen
    Options
    My go to sweet treats are dark chocolate mint patties (2 of the mini ones). Also loving the Ghirardelli intense dark toffee interlude.... So good!! Best part is my local store just had the Ghirardelli bars on sale!