Seriously-Tofu is food?

Options
2»

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What if you dont use the whole block you have bought? can you save the rest, or does it goe bad?
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

That actually looks pretty good, and simple instructions...think I have my dinner. Although I may have to play with the marinade.

Word of advice for everyone--watch your cholesterol! This is the most restrictive diet ever, and you don't want it!

love that recipe too! :D
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    chocolate tofu mousse!
    100_5952.JPG
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/02/12/mousse-on-the-loose/
    Five-Minute Chocolate Mousse
    (serves one)

* 110 grams silken firm tofu (such as Mori-Nu; about 1/3 of the package)
    * 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (I’m sure regular cocoa powder would be fine. See suggestions below for a richer, more chocolatey mousse)
    * tiny dash salt
    * up to 2 tsp liquid (such as water or non-dairy milk)
    * sweetener, to taste (sugar, stevia, agave, etc)
    * optional: almond or mint extract, instant coffee or espresso, peanut butter, flakes of coconut, or another fun flavoring– be creative!

Procedure: Blend in the Magic Bullet or food processor. Then eat like there’s no tomorrow! Or make it into a pie! :)
    = 100 calories

cookie dough tofu mousse
    cookiedoughdipvegan_thumb.jpg
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
    (healthy and vegan!)

* 1/2 tsp vanilla
    * 1/2 cup tofu (such as Morinu silken-firm) (100g)
    * 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (90g)
    * 1 tsp stevia (2 NuNaturals packets) or 4 tsp sugar (or more, if desired)
    * handfuls (and handfuls!) chocolate chips
    * optional: tiny dash salt

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/01/11/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-dip/

check out more recipes from chocolatecoveredkatie for more tofu ideas. they're soo yummy.

if you've got left over tofu you have to submerge it in water so that it is FULLY covered. change this water daily. i'm asian and my mum taught me this trick :) if you don't do it, your tofu will turn weird.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    chocolate tofu mousse!
    100_5952.JPG
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/02/12/mousse-on-the-loose/
    Five-Minute Chocolate Mousse
    (serves one)

* 110 grams silken firm tofu (such as Mori-Nu; about 1/3 of the package)
    * 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
    * 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (I’m sure regular cocoa powder would be fine. See suggestions below for a richer, more chocolatey mousse)
    * tiny dash salt
    * up to 2 tsp liquid (such as water or non-dairy milk)
    * sweetener, to taste (sugar, stevia, agave, etc)
    * optional: almond or mint extract, instant coffee or espresso, peanut butter, flakes of coconut, or another fun flavoring– be creative!

Procedure: Blend in the Magic Bullet or food processor. Then eat like there’s no tomorrow! Or make it into a pie! :)
    = 100 calories

cookie dough tofu mousse
    cookiedoughdipvegan_thumb.jpg
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
    (healthy and vegan!)

* 1/2 tsp vanilla
    * 1/2 cup tofu (such as Morinu silken-firm) (100g)
    * 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (90g)
    * 1 tsp stevia (2 NuNaturals packets) or 4 tsp sugar (or more, if desired)
    * handfuls (and handfuls!) chocolate chips
    * optional: tiny dash salt

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/01/11/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-dip/

check out more recipes from chocolatecoveredkatie for more tofu ideas. they're soo yummy.

if you've got left over tofu you have to submerge it in water so that it is FULLY covered. change this water daily. i'm asian and my mum taught me this trick :) if you don't do it, your tofu will turn weird.

Oh now these just sound YUM!! :D
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The chocolate mousse sounds delish - will try that one, thank you for sharing!

This is a recipe I came up with a few days ago - it really is very, very yummy! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheGoktor/view/coconut-lime-tofu-with-noodles-and-pak-choi-107352

Wonnder, I hope your mum shows improvement very soon. x
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There are some lovely sounding recipes in this thread!

I love tofu, would happily have it for lunch and dinner, husband detests the stuff though so its a no go most of the time! I have it plain, no marinade just dry fried so its all golden and crisp on the outside. Then I'll mix it through a stir fry or curry or just have it plain. Yum!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    100_5952.JPG
    Now THAT might make me a convert....
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What if you dont use the whole block you have bought? can you save the rest, or does it goe bad?

If the tofu is uncooked, put it in some type of sealed container and covered in water (in the fridge). You may need to change the water every other day to keep it fresh.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options

Just as I suspected that was very good (was dinner tonight). You would think it would tell you to drain it on the package. And a nice side effect...I just had a HUGE dinner for 150 calories...
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump