Lifting weights

Options
My goal is to lose weight and gain muscle I'm currently at 211 and I'm new to lifting any suggestions of advice? And I'm new to fitness pal so add me if you like I'm looking for new friends

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Check out Mike Matthews "bigger leaner stronger" it's a great book and program that has helped me do just that. He has great information on diet, straight forward facts not fad diet stuff. Super good lifting information that will get you going.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Get on a good progressive weight program for beginners. Google StrongLifts 5x5 or All Pros Beginners. Free and great for beginners.
  • jcsummers
    jcsummers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I second StrongLifts 5x5, it is a great starter program and makes it seem approachable. It also has a great free app to track your progress and videos on form.
  • gymth0ttie
    gymth0ttie Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Feel free to add ☺️ I need tips on foods that keep me full through out the day. I always get stuck on high calorie snacks.
    I'm a powerlifter so I stick with the three main components 1) deadlift 2) squat and 3) bench
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Good beginner plan, teaches you how to do each exercise, proper nutrition and basic introduction to supplements: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethins-12-week-muscle-building-trainer.html

Remember, your diet is the main reason why you'll lose weight, so make sure your calories and macros are correct:
    iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • jersey_54
    jersey_54 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Begginer? SS for hella lot gains and strength on lifts brah