How often do you all weigh yourself?

Options
Hi, I am just wondering how often you get on the scales even if it is just for a cheeky look?

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Daily, but log weekly on my spreadsheet.
    The daily weights I log on a free app called Libra, it's good because over time it shows your trend and stops me freaking out over those unexpected, sudden gains and also gives a bit of perspective to the same in losses!
  • Ch3ll35
    Ch3ll35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing sureslim and weigh in every week.
  • 46beth
    46beth Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • AnnieFrancesca
    AnnieFrancesca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I am just so eager to loose weight, I am scared of doing anything wrong...
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it, weighing is only one measure of progress, you can't really get it wrong as such!
    Main thing is to find what works for you.
    Some will weigh daily, others weekly or Monthly, and some not at all!
    I did weekly for a long time, then went to daily and didn't like it to start with, but I wouldn't go back to just weekly now, personally.
  • NessJKay
    NessJKay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    once a week - its hard not to peak every day but tbh it can make for a bad day - if Iweigh daily and I have lost I may sneak in snacks and if I put on I can be in a bad mood and want to eat my feelings lol - so just once a week on a friday morning.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, log in Fitbit, analyze in Trendweight, an application similar to Libra. This keeps me accountable, while not freaking out over sudden fluctuations, which can be quite big from day to day, despite their lack of significance.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I do not own a scale.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I weigh in one a week (always a Friday morning) but I also feel tempted to weigh in sooner. I never do though - I like to be surprised :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Just once a week and it's thursday.
  • AnnieFrancesca
    AnnieFrancesca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • nicodemus109
    nicodemus109 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Like @PinkPixiexox I weigh in on Friday mornings. Doing it more often is just messing with my head since sometimes it can alter a lot from day to day (can easily differ up to 1 kg).
    So I go for a weekly trend instead.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. For me personally, I wanted to weigh daily for a while because I had read that fluctuations were normal, yet for my whole life I have gotten depressed over any gains on the scales. I needed break that mentality so thought that weighing in daily and tracking it on MFP would help me to see slight gains as part of the process. I also learned to back myself - if I'm doing the right things with food and exercise then my weight trends downwards over time. It is not linear.
  • irishgal25
    irishgal25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month. After a long battle with the scales - being the deciding factor in how Im feeling that day - I've stopped weighing obsessively. Instead I focus on how Im feeling. Stronger, fitter.. lighter. When I do weigh myself I notice the scales may not have budged, yet I feel a million times better and have stuck to my calorie and exercise goals. I guess check in every now and then, but it's not the be all end all.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    About once a month. Especially as a woman, my weight fluctuates a lot, so I don't waste time doing daily/weekly weigh-ins. My exercise regimen consists of challenges. I exercise at the same time everyday, but to avoid boredom, I change the TYPE of exercise every couple weeks or so. Therefore, I weigh myself at the end of each of these exercise blocks. Through this method, I've been losing weight like clockwork, as expected (4-8 lbs a month). Science doesn't lie. It really is about calories in vs calories out. I eat within 1200 calories, and I always exercise, even if it means doing yoga or tai chi on a rest day.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, but I only log Sunday mornings weight.
  • gaiagrrl
    gaiagrrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to weigh in once a week with my naturopath who's keeping an eye on me :) I used to weigh in daily and it was so hard on my emotional health. It could make or break my day and my self-esteem and really skewed by sense of how I was doing. I know that weekly weigh ins could set me up to - if I happen to land on a day where I'm up unexpectedly - but I think it's healthier for my mental game.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I weigh on a daily basis for medical reasons, but I set up an Excel spreadsheet to show the overall trend so the day-to-day changes don't feel so big.
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every day..but I also know that weight fluctuates depending on a lot of factors so that is not the most accurate way. Most peeps will tell you once a week and look at the trend is the best way, I am certain it is, just not what I personally do cause I like to be able to make course corrections on a daily basis. Silly..yeah maybe..but it works for me :)
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday at the same time and at the gym, on their very expensive, very accurate scale.