Logging everything right then and there before you forget!

Options
Are you one of those (like me!) that have to log everything either before you eat it before you forget? lol And then when you don't actually eat it it's great to see your remaining cals go up when you delete it! :smile:

Yesterday I was out for the day and I don't have an iphone so I have to log everything on my laptop so I kept any wrappers of stuff that I ate so I could log it all when I got home but I ended up forgetting some of the other stuff I had that I didn't have a wrapper for! lol

I really should get an iphone :laugh:

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    ive got an iphone and do the same, but i get so frustrated if im in a cafe or food outlet and i cant get a signal!!!
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    I log all my stuff right away too!! I can also do it from my BlackBerry....

not sure which other phones have the app besides iphone and BB...
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I carry a little notebook with me and write it down. It is so easy to forget something .......
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What annoys me more is when im out and something isnt already on the system so i have to add quick calories, its not to bad though. I try to log everything i plan to eat for the day in the morning that way I wont eat stuff then log it (eventually making me go over) and then I like to see how many calories I have left for extras :)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've gotten pretty good at remembering, but then, my diet isn't very complicated.
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I log everything at the time on my iPhone - it's always in my pocket or sitting beside me so it's very easy. I don't log anything on the computer, I do it all by app! It's fantastic, and I think I haven't missed anything.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I can get the internet on my phone but trying to log into MFP takes too long! My phone isn't even that ancient either! I don't really need a new one but I may have to treat myself to one! Maybe once I've lost another 10lbs I will :smile:
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I believe there's an app for droid as well.

I find myself putting in some of my own food because some of the calories, etc are so far off from what I'm reading on the label. Anyone else finding this too?
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    I carry a little notebook with me and write it down. It is so easy to forget something .......

That's a good idea but knowing me I'd forget to take the notebook with me! lol
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have an orange phone with Android on it, its pretty darn cheap as well!
  • newt1975
    newt1975 Posts: 23
    Options
    I log everything on my laptop at the beginning of the day.. I eat pretty much the same every day lol
  • purplepollypops
    Options

I believe there's an app for droid as well.

I find myself putting in some of my own food because some of the calories, etc are so far off from what I'm reading on the label. Anyone else finding this too?

Yes, so much of it is wrong but unless you've actually got the packet or wrapper in front of you you don't know for sure. Most of the time I just accept it's right if it's a one off thing I've had, I make sure all the stuff I have regularly is correct though.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Yeah I got mfp for my Droid and log it right then and there too
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time to log it on my phone when I'm out, I go to the memo section of my phone and quick write it there, so when I get home I can remember it all.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    More or less, if I'm going out I try and plan what I'll be having so that I can log it before hand.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid logger...
    If I'm at home I'll do it before I eat - usually whilst preparing it and if I'm out straight afterwards!!! I'd forget otherwise!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i have a Droid X and i log it or scan the wrapper as soon as i either prepare to eat it or just finished eating it. I also like the idea of having a small pad or just a piece of paper with you to log the info. It really keeps you honest!
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes, I log it before I eat, that way I can see if I need to make any adjustments to what I'm having. I don't have a phone that can use the app (and any phone without wifi would get no signal at my house anyway) but my boyfriend has an iphone and he let me install the app on it so when I'm with him I use that.

I miss it!
  • princess_f
    princess_f Posts: 148
    Options
    i log the morning or evening before so i know what my cals will be like for that day
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    I try to log it as soon as I've had it, but can't do it on my phone so the laptop always seems to be on the go! So I'm going to treat myself to an iphone for my birthday :-) I definitely like to see how many calories I have left for the day!