Need Help with 21 Day Fix !!

Options
I am starting the 21 Day Fix this coming Monday, and I just had a few questions about the calorie groups . I did the equation and based off of that I am supposed to be following the container system for the 2,100-2,300 Calorie group. How am I supposed to lose off of that? I am fairly sedentery . Beachbody AND Mfp says to eat around 1200-1400 a day.. so should I just go with that calorie group? Will I still lose weight? Help!

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Why did you select a program that is inconsistent with what you feel you need to do? My advice.....use MFP for free, log your eating correctly, lose weight, be happy, and keep some money in your bank account.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    a_bogan2 wrote: »
    I am starting the 21 Day Fix this coming Monday, and I just had a few questions about the calorie groups . I did the equation and based off of that I am supposed to be following the container system for the 2,100-2,300 Calorie group. How am I supposed to lose off of that? I am fairly sedentery . Beachbody AND Mfp says to eat around 1200-1400 a day.. so should I just go with that calorie group? Will I still lose weight? Help!

MFP is based on I want to lose XX pounds per week and zero exercise. So with MFP you log workouts & get additional calories.

A good test for you would be TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This would be maintenance....include exercise & then take 500 off for 1 pound a week, 750 off for 1.5 pounds per week, etc.

There are several calculators (run a couple to get a range).

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    a_bogan2 wrote: »

MFP is based on I want to lose XX pounds per week and zero exercise. So with MFP you log workouts & get additional calories.

A good test for you would be TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This would be maintenance....include exercise & then take 500 off for 1 pound a week, 750 off for 1.5 pounds per week, etc.

There are several calculators (run a couple to get a range).

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I second scooby's calculator. It's my go to.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Multiple threads asking the same question............not cool
  • Turningpage0201
    Turningpage0201 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have done the 21 day fix. When i fisrt started i thought the exact same thing. However, I think the calorie intake it shows is not the actual intake you ingest. If you come to think of it and see all thr foods you're allowed to it; there really is now way it would be that amount. I tracked it and i resulted to eat less then what mfp recommended and was far fuller. First round i lost 15 lbs and that was with the exercise almost every day on weekdays. If you have it. Try it. Trust me, it takes the guessing out of so much.
  • a_bogan2
    a_bogan2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There are multiple threads because most people only visit a certain thread. While I didn't get my answer on this one and the first one, I got it on the third. Also, I needed the answer asap, as I am meal prepping and planning today. I don't see the big deal as it doesn't affect you, just simply scroll past it. Thank you ! :)
  • a_bogan2
    a_bogan2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have done the 21 day fix. When i fisrt started i thought the exact same thing. However, I think the calorie intake it shows is not the actual intake you ingest. If you come to think of it and see all thr foods you're allowed to it; there really is now way it would be that amount. I tracked it and i resulted to eat less then what mfp recommended and was far fuller. First round i lost 15 lbs and that was with the exercise almost every day on weekdays. If you have it. Try it. Trust me, it takes the guessing out of so much.

Thank you so much ! I have been battling with people on other posts that I posted that I believe that is the point. So many of these foods are 'zero calorie' foods, that there is no way that most of them could even equal 100 calories for the days portions. I suppose I am going to stick with the highest bracket then. Thank you so much ! :)
This discussion has been closed.