Goal Weight Question...

Options
I'm curious whether I should enter my near-term goal weight into the MFP calculator or my final goal weight. What are you using as your goal weight? Near-term or final goal you want to achieve....or does it even make any difference?
Thanks!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I just took a wild stab at it and made sure it was in the BMI range as a general guide. I got to it and thought I could do more so I changed it. Its easy to change when you get there to tweak it to your ideal weight.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i have a total of 130 pounds to lose (well i did when i started..now i have 100 pounds left to lose.. ) but i broke it down to 100 pounds for my first goal and then when i get there i will change it ...
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine as short term goal weights. I have about 50 pounds to lose and set mine in 10 pound increments. It's nice for me to see the goal weight reached and not so overwhelming seeing such a big number of pounds left to lose on my weight loss ticker.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and when I started (at 195) I picked 150lbs even though most websites state for my height I should be between 120 - 140. I've never been below 170 so it depends on the person. I may end up changing it when I reach 150 but I would say set it at what you feel most comfortable to achieve. And you can always change it in the future.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I originally started off with my final goal weight - but logging in each morning and still seeing I had double figures until I got there was a little offputting for me. I have broken my 'goal' in to smaller increments! :)
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Broke it down into smaller goals...3 to be exact. Made it visibly more attainable in my mind.
  • mastersongt
    mastersongt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I think I'll adjust my goals as I go. That way I'll feel like I am accomplishing small victories!!
  • Acw08338
    Acw08338 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine as short term goal weights. I have about 50 pounds to lose and set mine in 10 pound increments. It's nice for me to see the goal weight reached and not so overwhelming seeing such a big number of pounds left to lose on my weight loss ticker.

That is exactly what I am doing