What's an easy diet that requires little cooking?

Options
Donutello
Donutello Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Give me your favorite recipe that takes little to no time to prepare. I don't care if it's a small snack or whatever I just want more variety in my bland diet.

Replies

• Donutello
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm a student with little time in between classes/work/studying/socializing/etc
    And less money
  • Stacescotty
    Stacescotty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you normally eat, just eat less if it/eat at or below the daily goal MFP suggests. You don't have to do anything fancy to lose weight :)
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pizza. McDonalds for variety
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    McDonald's, frozen dinners, pizza, etc.

It's called "fast food" for a reason. :)
  • Donutello
    Options
    Are you guys being srs...what the heck?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You need to be more specific if you want more serious answers.
  • Donutello
    Options
    Oh...well then...I guess I'll delete this and try again :neutral:
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Cook multiple servings of meals which can be reheated (pasta dishes, stews, curry etc.) on one of your less busy days, then warm them up when you're short for time. Also works out fairly cheap to bulk cook. This what I did whilst watching my weight as a student.

Really though, as long as you know you're at a calorie deficit you can eat whatever's convenient.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    You need to be more specific if you want more serious answers.
    You want a diet that requires little cooking. That's what you eat.

You can eat Crunch Berries, fast food and frozen dinners or you can prepare your own food. Coming takes time.
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan, no cooking required whatsoever. :p
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm following a low FODMAP plan at the moment, so all of my meals need to be home cooked to be sure of their contents. I typically make meals that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook, and I also use that time to make the lunches for the next day. This might be more effort than you want to make, but I was relying on ready meals before this phase of my eating plan, and I didn't find it as satisfying as the portion sizes were too small for me.
    Here's a pic of my prawn curry from last night:
    5gx9nxtg6t33.jpg
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    There is lots of food out there you do not need to cook. Apples. Oranges. Bananas. Avocados. Take a pick
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Donutello wrote: »
    Give me your favorite recipe that takes little to no time to prepare. I don't care if it's a small snack or whatever I just want more variety in my bland diet.

Lean cuisine frozen dinners can be tasty, many which will meet diet criteria. President's Choice blue menu have more taste but more calories, too, and possibly too much sodium. Read the labels with care.

Osric
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I don't cook from scratch - The result would be an utter disaster.

I eat a lot of fish, boiled potatoes, rice and chicken - but it's all prepared and ready for me to put straight in the oven. Works for me! :D
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I can go weeks without cooking if necessary. Cold oatmeal that you put in the fridge overnight (google 'overnight oats'), pre-made mason jar salads (Google it), chunks of cheese, chunks of deli meat (or precook a ton of chicken thigh to have on hand), raw veggies and fruit (maybe with some peanut butter), nuts, seeds, dry fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese.
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Canned beans and some frozen veggies, maybe some shredded cheddar. Zap in the microwave for 2 mins. Throw on some salsa and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Sometimes I make rice once a week and throw that in too. Good luck.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    A pack of 2 minute noodles, some chicken pieces torn from a grocery store roast chicken, and a handful of frozen veg. Boom.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies can be eaten raw and you can eat lots of them for the calories.
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    http://www.rawfoodlife.com/#axzz3m5uWXJpA

Raw food diet. Plants, no cooking. Seems tough for me anyway....
    Other than that....there are short cuts to things. Canned soups (downside can be high sodium), tuna salad, egg salad requires minimal prep really- get rotisserie chicken and buy a bag of salad that has dressing and croutons added already- microwave dinners such as lean cuisine, weight watchers, healthy choice. If you have a decent budget, nutrisystem, you get all meals and snacks premade. Just microwave it. I like thai kitchen soups, also green giant veggie steamers, various flavors.

• melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Turkey wraps - big piece of curly leaf lettuce, deli turkey breast, slice of provolone or gouda, and sliced avocado. Roll up and nom nom nom. Clementines, those tiny little tangerines, are awesome too. Boiled eggs aren't bad time wise either, just 10 minutes or so, and they're a good source of protein and fats. You can boil up a big batch and then have them ready to go all week. And once you have boiled eggs, it's just a few minutes at that point to make tuna salad or egg salad, both of which are super easy and fast to make. Somebody else mentioned rotisserie chicken. You can do a lot of things with that that don't require a lot of prep work - like wraps. Big piece of chicken breast, sliced fresh red bell peppers (or your veggie of choice), add mayo if you want, wrap in a tortilla or stuff in a pita and you're good to go. :)