so frustrated im sure the people around me can't stand me

Options
so i just read a topic some other frustrated girl is in about being in a plateau for a month now - which is where *i* am and everyone suggested zigzagging her calories.

that made my head spin as i barely have time to do what i'm doing now. i work, i have two kids, i have a house, i have a husband and everything else that goes along with all of that. i dont have time to sit down and create a zigzagging schedule. i am, however, very good at making dinners and lunch and getting to the gym. i just do not have the time for the science and the understanding of it all.

last week, i did take an awesome friend's workout and i *know* i should give it two weeks but with that being said, i have gained and lost the same hellish four pounds for hte past four weeks. i KNOW i dont eat four pounds worth of crap on the weekends or drink it so i *know* it's water weight but i mean, come on, i've lost only 19 pounds and have another 40 to go so it's not like im trying to lose that last ten pounds or anything.

i need simple, sustainable, friendly, help-me-not-to-jump-off-the-next-bridge-i-drive-past kind of help...oh, and did i mention SIMPLE??!!! :)

i have a butt-ton of lovely friends who are very awesome with their help and they are very smart and have been very successful BUT with that being said i am POSITIVE they are sick of listening to me ***** beucase i know *I* am sick of listening to me. so i thought i'd reach out here in hte forums where there are 10380183018 people going thorugh the same thing i am.

please help an exhausted, defeated, not wanting to give up mama !!! *muah*

thanks. now, i'm off to the gym cause what else is there to do but sweat out the frustration.

Replies

• capogirl728
    capogirl728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hmmm...I'm wondering if this is what's causing my weekend binges...maybe 1200 calories is too little. But I find on the weekends or at night i am STARVING. im good about not eating on the weekdays but not so much on the weekends.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Increase your cals slightly, change up your exercise routine, drink your water, EAT your exercise calories & ...... stay off the scale.

I've been plateaued for 6 months. Yup, you heard that right, 6 months.

Just because your number isn't changing, doesn't mean you're not changing the shape and tone of your body. There are many variables during weight loss. Indigestion, water retention, overage of sodium, time of month, hormonal changes, illness, etc the list goes on & on. The one thing that doesn't lie ....are pictures.

please check out my blog

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MissAnjy

3 entries down I have a blog called 30 days of clx & c25k =

there are 4 pictures from different angles from day 1 to day 30! When you look at the pictures, keep in mind that my weight did NOT change.

That is picture proof that things are changing even when your number is not. Don't let a number define your success. Stay off the scale if it only brings negative emotions out. I for one, stay off the scale. It does me more harm than good. I focus everyday on my workout that day and my eating patterns & i let the pictures speak volumes every 30 days.

Goodluck hun. Don't give up.
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting close to burn out. Have you tried meditation? Or just some quiet time to yourself. Read a trashy book or go to a movie by yourself and let everything else go for a little while. With kids, jobs, workout, eating healthy, etc. it's easy to get overwhelmed. Be nice to you! You deserve it! Good Luck! :heart:
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I started out low on my calorie intake but then I realize my body was starving. I upped my calorie intake and it has worked great..you have to do what is right for you..if you are hungry and you are only eating 1200 calories..I say up them to 1400 or even 1600. Good luck!
  • heavenboundkim92
    Options
    it sounds like a boat I ride in ~ I'm dealing with thyroid issues for years and on top of that after having it removed over a yr ago, my synthroid is still not regulated and I'm in full blown menapause. I was just googling the two and this is the list of things I get to live thru (many I am) or get to look forward to...

*Send you into early perimenopause -- this can start as early as age 40 -- and last for years!

*Worsen your perimenopause and post-menopausal symptoms. This means everything from erratic, heavy periods, to low sex drive, to hot flashes, to mood swings. You could even end up with an unneeded hysterectomy, or taking unnecessary estrogen therapy.

*Slow your metabolism and destabilize your blood sugar so much that it's not only impossible to lose weight, but you actually gain weight on fewer calories than everyone else. And where are you likely to gain the most? Where else but your belly, of course!

*Make you so depressed, stressed, or both, that you're prescribed antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs, and tranquilizers -- not to mention sleeping pills.

*Impair your memory and make you so foggy-brained that you are seriously worried you might be getting Alzheimer's disease.

*Raise your cholesterol and triglycerides to such dangerous levels that you must go on medication to protect your arteries and heart.

*Elevate your blood pressure to levels that require prescription medication.

*Exhaust you to the extent that you have no energy for exercise, which affects fitness, weight, heart disease risk, and quality of life.

*Wear out your body's ability to cope with stress to the extent that you catch every infection, and are slow to recover, and generally feel tired -- yet wired -- most of the time.

As I read, I almost wept... ~ugh~ The gaining of weight when I'm esting alot less calories than others really hurts...

All that said, have you ever had your thyroid checked and is it possible you're going thru your premenopausal state?

Well, I'm discouraged but like you, I'm not giving up ~ it's too dangerous to our health as a woman and like you said you have a family, and taking care of my health is worth it if it's just for them. ;)

Keep up the good work, even when it feels like your not losing ~ the whole experience is good for us and our children will take better care of themselves when they see us doing it! ;)

An understanding buddy, Kim;D
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    like we could ever get sick of you.. pshhh please.... zig zagging is not complitcated just try and go over by 200 or so calories one week and then back down or change you settings for one week... it's not going to do anything but maybe give you an extra snack or something each day..
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    After looking at your food diary, I see a lot of processed high sodium foods, like deli meat, deli cheese, jarred pasta sauce.

I know you say you are busy, but truthfully, if you'd start replacing some of the processed foods with homemade versions, it might help. I know its not going to happen overnight, but eventually, it'll benefit you and your family, as they won't be eating that stuff anymore as well, and their health will improve.

Just a suggestion, I didn't delve into every day, but I checked out a few scattered dates, and the sodium just appeared very high to me.
  • sherrilcox
    Options
    I agree, zig zagging is not complicated. It is a matter of editing one or two food items a day. The bottom line is we are ALL busy. However, if it is important enough to you, then make the time. I don't say that to be harsh, just being realistic.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with the other posters.
    You could try moving your "goal" from 2lb a week to 1lb a week weight loss. Try for a couple weeks and see how it goes. I was holding steady for almost 3 weeks, then went from 1lb/wk to 0.5lbs a week and immediately dropped weight. It can't hurt to try.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    thanks for all the replies guys. i really should have stressed i wouldnt look at my diary from this past weekend. it was crazy with my daughter's dance recitals and i do eat better than that. i do have high sodium days but i do drink an amazingly high amount of water - which may or may not even it out. what the hell do i know really cause clearly i dont know much.

im gonna go change my numbers again and see if that helps along with my new workout i got last week and just keep truckin' along.

and i am indeed close to burnout but with that being said, my daughters dance is over, girl scouts are over and so that frees up three days a week to go do something with her other than drive her from point a to point b. actually, im relaly looking forward to that part. i miss her even tho she's here every day :) i know some of you know what i mean.

so thanks for taking the time to suggest things to me. it's much much appreciated...oh, and to the friend who asked about my thyroid - i went to the doctors for a complete physical, blood work, etc about six months ago and they checked that and it's functioning a-okay so it's just my poor excuses that arent making me melt away like i wish :)

again, thank you guys for taking the time for me. i appreciate it.