79 pounds down in 8 months.. getting closer every day! Pic heavy!

Options
katielangley
katielangley Posts: 152 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
It has been awhile since I have updated everyone.. I started my journey in January for the last time! I am down 79 pounds and have plans of getting to 100 down by 1 year. I have changed so much with going from eating whatever I wanted to changing to a clean eating diet. I joined a challenge group which helped a lot with accountability and I started going to a workout group with a few of my friends. Now I help run the class, and I ran my first 5k last week with a time of 37.02. I can't wait to continue to beat my time..
Today was a rough day.. I tend to be my worst critic as most of us are to ourselves. I often hold my emotions in and show nobody my pain. Well I know I have been doing everything right for my health as far as eating right, working out, lots of water, sleep. I also know that our bodies will plateau....as much as I hate it!!! And I have been trying to lose these same 2 pounds for a bit now and it had me frustrated. But there comes that aha moment that you sometimes have to have with yourself.
This morning I had it. I took a pic and compared it to a pic from March, (which I have done in the past, but I seen something different this time) and that is when I realized.
I realized what I was. I was so unhappy, I was so weak, I didn't like the person I was becoming. I felt horrible, I didn't care what I ate or what it was doing to my body. I didn't care. I didn't care about ME..... My mom is sick and there is nothing the doctors can do for her and that became my motivation. As much as I would love to fix my moms health, I can't. But what I can do is try to fix mine and my families health before it gets any worse. I was already having blood pressure spikes and even though I was not a diabetic my sugar was dropping more often. I didn't like the person I was anymore. And this is when I looked over to the pic I took today.
The pic of a strong and determined person, a person who wants the best for herself and her family. The person who no longer sits at home and watches tv on the coach on a nice day. The person who does what needs to be done and lets nothing and nobody stop her.
I have come such a long way since the old me. I can look at the old pic and not believe that I was that person. I can't believe I let myself go. It brings me to tears and breaks my heart to think where I was then. I didn't realize then how angry I was with myself until now..

This has been an amazing experience so far and even though I am not finished with my journey, I know that I will get there someday.. Anyone can do it, and there is nobody that can do it for you.. You have to find the determination within yourself to do it;) YOU CAN!! Believe in you!!

Replies

• Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What great inspiration you are, thank you for sharing!
  • nord51
    nord51 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing- I love that your photos are so fitness based
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! Big difference from before and after! :mrgreen: Keep up the awesome job!
  • katielangley
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) it has been an amazing journey!! I will help anyway possible !!
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. You have really changed your life and will reach your goals. Thanks for posting such an encouraging story!!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Good job reinvigorating yourself and figuring out how far you've come and why it matters to you!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great words of wisdom
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I love "when you think about quitting, think why you started"! I needed to read that today :)
  • katielangley
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully written..I love your story!! You look amazing!! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!