Measuring your weight loss with no scale

Options
2»

Replies

• preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi135 wrote: »
    Go to ' bed bath and beyond' and use the sample ones then.

Tbh.... this is actually a good idea :)

You could do this at various stores. There would be inconsistencies between scales, but hey, all you need at this point is a ballpark figure, right?
  • BadgerFaced
    BadgerFaced Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @preeJAY It is a great idea! I'm going to phone some places up and see if they have scales on display that one can test out. Ideally I need the weight to be consistent but if that isn't an option that's fine.

@hi135 I don't mind the taxes as long as they actually go towards things that are useful.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My best guess is making a friend who has a scale? Maybe a neighbour who'd let you come over once every couple weeks to check?

What about community centres? Some have gym-like facilities like pools, and they can be only $3 for a single visit (and you could work out when you go as well!). Are you in a city or a town? It will make a difference what options are there.
  • BadgerFaced
    Options
    @kae612 OHIP? I live in Halifax, NS. Most of the gyms I've seen and community centers are about 11-15$ for a day pass. I just did a deeper search and haven't found anything cheaper. Even the universities expect that sort of money to just get in for the day.
  • BadgerFaced
    Options
    preeJAY wrote: »
    Go to ' bed bath and beyond' and use the sample ones then.

Tbh.... this is actually a good idea :)

You could do this at various stores. There would be inconsistencies between scales, but hey, all you need at this point is a ballpark figure, right?

Right?!

It feels like this advice was just really out of thin air! I would have NEVER thought of this! :smile:
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    @kae612 OHIP? I live in Halifax, NS. Most of the gyms I've seen and community centers are about 11-15$ for a day pass. I just did a deeper search and haven't found anything cheaper. Even the universities expect that sort of money to just get in for the day.

ahh okay never mind :/ I only know ontario stuff. that sucks!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    If you live or work near a Kaiser medical complex I believe they have a lobby scale you can use, too. No membership needed.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    see if you can borrow a friends one, or just use it when you visit them
    got to a local store that sells them and weigh yourself there
    if you have a wii board, you can use that to weigh yourself. does one of your friends have one they dont use?
    put scales down on your wish list for birthday or xmas present
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Gyms and health shops have scales - some you can use for free.

The tape measure is my favourite form of tracking but I *need* those scales to check how my eating is going. No, scales aren't the most reliable form of tracker but they are very, very useful. I'd definitely try and purchase or borrow one - don't fear it. It's just a number :)
  • BadgerFaced
    Options
    I bought a scale guys, saved up some money and got one at walmart. :smile: I know you're all very happy!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale guys, saved up some money and got one at walmart. :smile: I know you're all very happy!

good for you. happy weighing.
  • BadgerFaced
    Options
    @Therealobi1 - Thank you! :smile: It's already going very well.
  • NeesieSibert
    NeesieSibert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am not sure how men's clothes run, but I find for me I go down a size for every 10-12 lbs of weight lost. Exercise and workout toning all can alter this, but it is something to think of when factoring. I wish you all the best. Remember, the scale is not our friend anyway and does not determine if we are healthy.

I do feel the need to point out that BadgerFaced came here for encouragement and helpful advise, not judgement and harshness. Reminding yourself how negative judgement makes you feel when you receive it, I am sure it would not be anyone's intention to intentionally negatively impact others successes to boost their ego's. I feel it is always good to remember in some cases a filter works wonders.

97530420.png

[quote="You're making excuses. You've been given alternatives. If it is important to you, you will find a way to get one"[/quote]

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Yaay! All the best!