Ways to combat the bloating from too much sodium

Options
2»

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    It sometimes takes me days to get rid of it. Its so annoying! Water does work, but it takes patience.

yeah relax about it...it comes off again:)

• Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Potassium. If you have too much sodium and not enough potassium you are going to get bloated for a few days. And yes, there are plenty of reasons to back off on sodium as it impacts blood pressure, and your circulatory system.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Mr Obvious here. If you have issues with sodium that you don't like why not restrict the sodium?

This is so wrong!

You only have to restrict salt when you have a medical issue with it!
    And when your doctor advice it to do so, because it is NOT without risks.

"holding" water because of salt is for a healthy body normal. It drops off in the following days.
    Nothing wrong with it and totally not a reason to cut salt out of your food intake

And this comes from a person who cant have salt ( yes a medical issue) at all!

Restricting doesn't necessarily mean "cut out all salt." For example, I restrict my salt consumption to about 2300mg a day, (a perfectly normal amount), because I've noticed through tracking that if I go over this amount I feel crappy and super bloated. Just sayin' :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Mr Obvious here. If you have issues with sodium that you don't like why not restrict the sodium?

This is so wrong!

You only have to restrict salt when you have a medical issue with it!
    And when your doctor advice it to do so, because it is NOT without risks.

"holding" water because of salt is for a healthy body normal. It drops off in the following days.
    Nothing wrong with it and totally not a reason to cut salt out of your food intake

And this comes from a person who cant have salt ( yes a medical issue) at all!

Restricting doesn't necessarily mean "cut out all salt." For example, I restrict my salt consumption to about 2300mg a day, (a perfectly normal amount), because I've noticed through tracking that if I go over this amount I feel crappy and super bloated. Just sayin' :)

I know that but 2300 is indeed not restricting it is normal standard.

so when somebody mention here restricting a lot of people can think lower than that
    And it is not wise ...ever...to just do something like that without a consult a doctor

So my 1500 mg max a day is a medical restriction. 2300 mg is normal for a healthy person and even above that.
    If you have no medical issues you can eat a lot more without any consequences for a lot of people ( not everybody).

It is different for every person. But i wanted to address this because a lot of people here have the idea "to cut out" food groups or foods.
    And that can have some unexpected results...some even negative:)

That was why i posted.

• xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sodium is removed from the body through the kidneys and requires water as a carrier. This is why drinking extra water helps to remove salt from the body.

Just drink extra water if you take in extra sodium. Every time you pee, you're removing sodium. Has worked for me.