After a year of lurking, a first (and grateful) post - Goodbye Menopause Middle

Options
2»

Replies

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love your post. There's such a maturity and tone of common sense in this post. I'm going to bookmark this and come back and read it.

I'm way younger than you but I'm struggling to get rid of my baby weight. I gained weight while breastfeeding :neutral: Anyhow, I'm 11.6 lbs down, I really want to lose another 35 lbs or so. My husband thinks I should stop at 25. But I'm going to go as far as I want to go to really love my body.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Well done and thanks for the inspiration.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Great post! Love hearing the success stories!!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, thoughtful post. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!
  • pintorocket
    pintorocket Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your first post impressed me (and made me laugh) but your second post really made me admire you. I'm also struck at what a heady journey this is. Like you said, the math is easy, but the focus, I've come to realize, is never-ending. I am 4.5 pounds away from no longer being "overweight." That is going to be wild. I haven't been a "normal" weight since I was in high school. People like you are what make this site so valuable. Thank you for sharing your story and for knowing that this is the place to celebrate your commitment. Your posts made my day. Best of luck to you.
  • celtictiger73
    celtictiger73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job, this made my heart so happy. We're the same height and start weight exactly. You've motivated me so much. Xxx
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is so inspiring!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I think I cried a little. Thanks for sharing :)
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great job!! I'm 56 and have lost 30lbs so far. I've kept it off, still need to lose 50. You give me hope✌️
  • clskinner71
    clskinner71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your weight loss journey! May I ask how many calories a day you plan for and what a typical days worth of food looks like for you. I am in the experimental stage. Nothing I am doing seems to work. I was very successful years ago, but now I am struggling. Early menopause (I am 43) has caused havoc on my body. I am looking to get advice from anyone who is post menopausal and has been successful with weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!