Clean eating for my baby bump

Options
Hey guys! I've used MFP 4 years ago and dropped a lot of weight. 210lbs to 160lbs. Well, I then got married and started a family and never lost the weight. At the time of birth to my eldest I was back up to 210 and have hovered around that weight ever since. Now I am 25 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and have gained 12lbs so far (putting me at 222lbs). I know pregnancy is NOT the time to diet so let me make it clear, that is not what I am doing. I am simply trying to make healthier choices for not only myself but for the little princess I'm carrying. :smiley: Anyone else out there expecting and trying to get healthy???

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby bump! You lost the weight before. You can do it again! Feel free to add me!
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey im right there with you. Its pretty tough at time to good choices 100% of time and trying to get some exercise in. Feel free to add me.
    bama8693 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I've used MFP 4 years ago and dropped a lot of weight. 210lbs to 160lbs. Well, I then got married and started a family and never lost the weight. At the time of birth to my eldest I was back up to 210 and have hovered around that weight ever since. Now I am 25 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and have gained 12lbs so far (putting me at 222lbs). I know pregnancy is NOT the time to diet so let me make it clear, that is not what I am doing. I am simply trying to make healthier choices for not only myself but for the little princess I'm carrying. :smiley: Anyone else out there expecting and trying to get healthy???

• Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the bundles of joy and on your commitments to being healthy during and after your pregnancies. :) I wish I had MFP 20 years ago during my first pregnancy (gained 90lbs due to a car wreck causing broken ankle that left me immobile and I ate a lot because of it.) never got back to pre-pregnancy weight. That is why I am here now to get back to a healthy weight.
  • WV_Fit
    WV_Fit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bama8693 wrote: »

Congrats! I am 25 weeks today! Before I got pregnant I was addicted to MFP and was down over 30 lbs. I've only gained a bit back but I am anxious to get back into clean eating and getting some exercise! Would love if you'd like to be friends so we can discuss the ups and downs of pregnancy and maybe help motivate each other.
  • lbFighter
    lbFighter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi bama8693 :)

I'm also back on MFP after using it off and on for the past few years. I'm currently 16.5 weeks with a little boy and hoping to use MFP to help me balance my food intake over the coming weeks and hopefully avoid gestational diabetes if at all possible. I'm hoping that MFP will help me to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating and help prompt me to do some more walking now that the weather is cooling off a bit. Best of luck on your pregnancy and weight management!