Losing weight every where but my chest region

Options
I have lost 30 pounds so far on my journey; and I thought one of the first places I would lose mass would be my chest....I thought wrong. Is this normal; I have lost weight in the past and my chest never seems to lose a significant amount. Are there any exercises to help?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat.

It is normal to have an area that seems to lose the fat more slowly than other areas. The specific area varies by person. I would say it's less common for that area to be the chest but it's not completely unheard of.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It'll happen. My boobs weren't any smaller at that stage of loss either, they are quite a bit smaller now at 89lbs down.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Generally, body fat will come of in the reverse order of gaining it and the order varies from person to person. From what I understand, that order is mostly genetically determined. All we can do is keep on a deficit and let the body do its work.

Spot reduce, meaning, targeting particular body area for fat loss, is not possible. You can train underlying muscles of a particular area but that would not expedite fat loss in that area; it will make your muscles become more apparent. Cardio is great assistance with weight loss as it burns more calories than weight lifting, but weightlifting is necessary for your muscle strength. Since we cant gain any muscles while on a caloric deficit, the weight training is still very helpful during the weight loss phase as it will help to retain and strengthen your muscles.

I think, for the weight loss phase, 3 cardio per week with 2 full body workouts is the perfect combination.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce unfortunately!

I have the complete opposite problem. I have lost MOST of my chest!

I've gone from a C-D cup, to a very small B! And ever shrinking! :o
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we don't get to choose where it comes from. Keep doing what you're doing and eventually, hopefully you'll lose a bit. I'll warn you, I actually went up in size there.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    My sister loses it there first I have lost 20lbs and my chest hasn't budged. I'm hoping mine to will start to shrink. LOL
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My tummy is first to gain and last to lose!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My teenage late blooming self would be shocked to hear me say this, but I wish mine would get a bit smaller too! (Hubby would be quite disappointed too!)
  • naynaytater
    naynaytater Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy for mine to get a bit smaller .... finding a DDD is not an easy thing to do ... lol
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Now that I am close to goal mine are shrinking quite quickly! (I am not complaining) For a while there I didn't think they were going to go anywhere. So far I have went from a very crammed in 36dd to a 32ddd and I have a feeling I might go down just a little more. Depending on if you are large chested due to genetics or fat will be the ultimate determination, if it's just fat hang in there!
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce unfortunately!

I have the complete opposite problem. I have lost MOST of my chest!

I've gone from a C-D cup, to a very small B! And ever shrinking! :o

Me too!! I'm really hoping I'm finished losing from the chest and butt!