Protein so good feels like your cheating!

Options
124»

Replies

• JenWall2
    JenWall2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I prefer savory over sweet so all the powders I've tried I have to choke down. I wish I could just eat a big fat rare ribeye everyday instead.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6. Chocolate or vanilla are great imo.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    MusclePharm is currently being sued for misrepresenting the amount of protein in their powder.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/

To be specific, it's the Arnold Series Iron Mass product that's the subject of the lawsuit, not Combat Powder.

Here's a pretty good source that measures products according to their actual protein content > LabDoor.

Thank you for sharing the ranking site! :)
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    morkiemama wrote: »
    I used to be all about ON, but I recently switched to Cellucor and I really love it. I have only tried the mint chocolate chip flavor so far. It mixes better than ON and is tasty enough where I drink it with just plain ol’ 6oz of water! :)

I tried their cookies and cream and was one of the worst I tasted. Too sweet, and if you want to dilute the sweetness away it turns into something akin to sugar and water. It's very thin. The sweetener has a lasting aftertaste that overwhelms the barely there cream taste, and the cookie bits sink to the bottom. Those that don't you just swallow. They're too small to have a recognizable taste. That's a good thing though, because if you try scoop and chew them from the bottom, they have this horrible chemical taste. This was one of the powders I mentioned earlier to which I had a comical reaction. Wish someone took a video of my face. I would have gone viral.

I'vé never tried their cookies and cream. I use ON double rich chocolate. I love it! It's not too sweet. After finishing this double Rich chocolate, I think I'll try the vanilla ice cream. Has anyone ever tasted it?
  • gerbradaisy44
    gerbradaisy44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if quest powder is save for breast feeding moms?
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    elga_thres wrote: »
    morkiemama wrote: »
    I used to be all about ON, but I recently switched to Cellucor and I really love it. I have only tried the mint chocolate chip flavor so far. It mixes better than ON and is tasty enough where I drink it with just plain ol’ 6oz of water! :)

I tried their cookies and cream and was one of the worst I tasted. Too sweet, and if you want to dilute the sweetness away it turns into something akin to sugar and water. It's very thin. The sweetener has a lasting aftertaste that overwhelms the barely there cream taste, and the cookie bits sink to the bottom. Those that don't you just swallow. They're too small to have a recognizable taste. That's a good thing though, because if you try scoop and chew them from the bottom, they have this horrible chemical taste. This was one of the powders I mentioned earlier to which I had a comical reaction. Wish someone took a video of my face. I would have gone viral.

I'vé never tried their cookies and cream. I use ON double rich chocolate. I love it! It's not too sweet. After finishing this double Rich chocolate, I think I'll try the vanilla ice cream. Has anyone ever tasted it?

I've had Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey in the vanilla ice cream flavor. If you mix it with milk, it tastes like you're drinking melted vanilla ice cream.
  • BradleyEast1974
    BradleyEast1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Too many chemicals in most of them. I am testing some new products without any junk in them. I will let you know what I think after I have thoroughly tested.

I agree. What about a four ounce portion of roast beef? No bread. Etc? I don't have any experience with supplements. I'm really curious.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Too many chemicals in most of them. I am testing some new products without any junk in them. I will let you know what I think after I have thoroughly tested.

I agree. What about a four ounce portion of roast beef? No bread. Etc? I don't have any experience with supplements. I'm really curious.

See the issue with that is the price per protein gram, convenience, caloric price per protein gram and, in my case, aversion to the taste and texture of meat in general.

A piece of lean roast beef big enough to contain 25 grams of protein has a minimum of 200 calories (powders with that much protein have an average of 130), takes time to prepare (powders take seconds) and costs at least 2-3 dollars (powder averages at $1.2 per serving with certain powders being cheaper).

Don't get me wrong, most of your nutrition should come from real foods. No joy in living on shakes and powders. It's just that a quick and cheap pick-me-up to fill the void for protein is good to have.
  • BradleyEast1974
    BradleyEast1974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good info!!! Thanks for replying !!! Enjoy rest of your weekend!