endomorph body type help!

Options
Need some advice on rapid... but healthy weight loss. Open to any suggestions. I am currently looking to lose 100 pounds within a year or year and a half. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If by "rapid" you mean fast, there's no healthy way to do it. If it helps, I'm down 55 lbs since the end of January (It averages out to a little over 1.5 lbs per week) and 55 to go. At this rate, modelmydiet.com predicts I'll reach my goal of 140 by February, but that doesn't take into account the inevitable slowdown I'll hit at some point. I started out using maintenance calories for my goal weight as my calorie allowance and I do a butt-ton of walking for exercise. I don't follow any particular diet. I eat mostly the same foods as I did before, just less of them.
  • HarleeRaquel
    HarleeRaquel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I say rapid I mean 1-2 lbs per week with results. I am just wondering is there specific ways to lose weight with better results for different body types. (Myself being endomorphic)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Body types don't matter.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you are talking about 1-2lbs per week - this isn't rapid weight loss, this is totally healthy weight loss :)

I'd be weary of reaching out for 'rapid' plans - you are likely to be inundated with very low calorie and borderline dangerous suggestions. Stick to a sensible deficit and you'll lose your 1-2lbs per week.

Good luck.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Somatotypes aren't a real thing.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    When I say rapid I mean 1-2 lbs per week with results. I am just wondering is there specific ways to lose weight with better results for different body types. (Myself being endomorphic)

No there isn't. Your body type isn't going to dictate your weight loss. And be careful, I've read of e-n-d-o-s becoming m-e-s-o-s. Seriously, body type isn't going to matter, your approach, patience, good logging, introducing or increasing workouts, will lead to greater success.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds in about a year and another 22 in a few months more than that.

There's really not much to it, if you can get yourself to do it. Target a two pound per week loss. Exercise as much as you're comfortable with, even if that's starting out with a short walk each day. Increase that as much as you can. Don't eat back your exercise calories, at least for a while, unless you are so hungry there's no real choice. You have plenty of fat stores to get by with doing that.

Be patient. Understand that no matter how perfectly you follow a perfect plan, there will be days when the scale taunts you with a higher weight and weeks when it taunts you with small losses or even gains. If you stick to doing the right things, the scale will eventually bow to your will.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Bag the body type, its irrelevant, (pun intended). Eat at a deficit and with that much to lose, you'll have no problem losing a couple of pounds a week.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    The quicker you lose weight, the harder for your skin to keep up.

What are you currently doing? Any trouble?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. It may not be as sexy as doing different trendy crap according to bogus body types and a million other stupid diets, but the thing is that eat less, move more actually works. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Need some advice on rapid... but healthy weight loss. Open to any suggestions. I am currently looking to lose 100 pounds within a year or year and a half. Thanks in advance!

Rapid weight loss is generally not healthy. Don't set a time limit, just set out to make lifestyle changes to eventually reach a healthy weight and then maintain. Since you have 100 pounds to lose:
    • Set your goals up to lose 2 pounds a week
    • Eat your normal foods but weigh solids and measure liquids
    • Log everything you eat
    • If you exercise, log that too but eat back 50-75% of those calories only

Good luck!

ETA: body type is a complete myth, by the way. I was told I was an endomorph and big bones growing up and that was why I could not lose weight. Come to find out, I could not lose weight because I was eating too many calories. :)
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Bag the body type, its irrelevant, (pun intended). Eat at a deficit and with that much to lose, you'll have no problem losing a couple of pounds a week.

Love the pun!
  • HarleeRaquel
    HarleeRaquel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really need to stop using Google lol! Today was my first day and I am already feeling better, watching every calorie I take in and walking a lot more. Baby steps for me. My biggest problem was not eating all day, then binge eating around 7pm for dinner, and not being active at all due to depression and fibromyalgia. I refused prescription drugs and now need to do myself a big favor and lose all the weight and give my body a break from all this excess weight.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You've got the right attitude, HR. :)

Welcome and I wish you all the success.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really need to stop using Google lol! Today was my first day and I am already feeling better, watching every calorie I take in and walking a lot more. Baby steps for me. My biggest problem was not eating all day, then binge eating around 7pm for dinner, and not being active at all due to depression and fibromyalgia. I refused prescription drugs and now need to do myself a big favor and lose all the weight and give my body a break from all this excess weight.

If you tend to get hangry and binge, then you might want to allocate some of the calorie allotment that MFP gives you for snacks between meals. Never go to the table hangry.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Harlee, I totally get the problem with not being active. I've got lupus, so I understand dealing with fatigue and pain. That said, I knew when my heart got inflamed I just HAD to take the weight off, because if my heart is going to be a putz I can't make it work even harder to lug around an extra 100 lbs or so. I started out very small, walking a mere 1/8 of a mile 3 times a week in March.. and that was a colossal effort! Today I logged almost 7 miles! Of course I have two personal trainers in the form of a Labrador retriever and a springer spaniel; its amazing how fast a walk, a longer walk, a second walk, going somewhere with a better trail, etc, becomes part of the dog's "routine" and an expected event. I can't bear to let them down!