Making a lifestyle change

Options
JessFryNJ
JessFryNJ Posts: 23 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all!

My name is Jess. I have been trying to lose weight and keep it off for years now. I've been active and not active on my fitness pal for a long time. My breaking point was hitting almost 180 at 5'4. This time I am looking to change my entire lifestyle instead of just dieting for awhile. I am about 5 pounds into my journey. Some fun facts about me:

I am 28 years old

I have been a vegetarian for 2 months now (the 3rd time in my life, the other 2 times account for about 2 years)

I am 3 weeks into cutting out alcohol and 2 weeks into exercising every day

I am from New Jersey and have had the opportunity to live in Massachusetts, California, Alaska, and Rhode Island.

I am going to post before shots (taken today) because I'm confident I will be able to post after shots some day in the future.

Please feel free to add me! Seeing your posts helps motivate me to keep going!mfp-qkyayspowkwt.jpg
en.vanillaforums.com/editor/e6/gvnl5z5wr0mo.jpg

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this! :D
    Wishing you the best of luck!
  • JessFryNJ
    Options
    Thank you PinkPixie!
  • jennamy82
    jennamy82 Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You can definitely do it! I also am sick of the dieting and am working on a lifestyle change. So I can completely relate.
  • mckennasihde
    mckennasihde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! :blush:
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! I love that you even shared a photo.. Putting yourself out there and holding yourself accountable!
  • JessFryNJ
    Options
    Thanks ladies! The support is appreciated!

Gotta love having pregnancy bod without ever having any type of baby other than a food baby in there :D
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi, very brave of you to post a picture and you look great anyway. Your absolutely right about making a lifestyle change instead of dieting. It might take slightly longer than extreme diets but once it becomes second nature you will never have to think/worry about dieting again because you will have the realisation that food and nutrition is something to be enjoyed with a little knowledge and will power.
  • JessFryNJ
    Options
    Thank you Slide! Great words of wisdom. I wouldn't say I'm brave as much as trying to be honest with myself of what I really look like. Putting it out there means there's nothing I can hide behind.