pear shape

Options
Im new to the gym can any one please recomend me the best gym equipment to use ?and the best group classes to go to e.g. power pump etc

Replies

• ynsanders
    ynsanders Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I think the best things will be the things you find you enjoy while you're there. Try everything there is to offer! Anything that gets you sweating and your heart rate up is a win, so find what's fun and go for it.
  • ruby1867221
    ruby1867221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im trying to loose inches and drop 2 stone .im currently doing ellpotical,bike,rowing,abductor n aductor.and pilates
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Im trying to loose inches and drop 2 stone .im currently doing ellpotical,bike,rowing,abductor n aductor.and pilates

I'm not a fan of machines because I'm afraid of feeling boring while exercising (unless there are individual TVs attached!). The following are the gym classes I found useful for overall weight-loss:

Zumba/ Latin aerobics: great dance-based group class. Effectiveness depends on instructors' moves, songs of choice, and how well you can learn the moves. Fun in general.

Les Mills courses: good assortment of cardio and strength training programs. Some of them are technique-sensitive and it's important to get assistance or correction by the instructors. I personally like Body Combat the most but def try other classes if your gym offers those.

Yoga/pilates/total body-mind balance type of classes: these are great for muscle extension, stabilization, and relaxation. Good to add to the weekly plan but I didn't like them in the initial stage of weight-loss though...

These are mainly cardio classes because I didn't like weight-lifting during the days when I join the gym. It's a regret now since there's no good gym near me to pick and choose anymore...
    Hope you find the one you like!
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lifting? I'm a pear shape and I love doing heavy lifting with my lower body, like deadlifts...not a huge squat fan but I do them sometimes.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Im new to the gym can any one please recomend me the best gym equipment to use ?and the best group classes to go to e.g. power pump etc

The best piece of equipment to use is the barbell
  • ruby1867221
    ruby1867221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much! Yes theres a powerpump class i might try