Obligatory one year success story

JenHuedy
JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
I'm a pretty private person, but decided to come out of lurkdom after a year to share with all the great people here who inspired me.
I guess I'll start at the beginning. A little over a year ago, after getting other areas of my life back on track, I was ready to tackle my weight. I wasn't going on a "journey" or making a "lifestyle change". And I sure as heck wasn't going "clean", low carb, cleansing, juicing or any of that other nonsense. I love all the food. I love growing, cooking, baking and all other forms of "processing" food. I especially love eating food. I just needed to learn how to eat food like a normal human being and be more active than your average invertebrate.
MFP took care of the food. Fitbit the activity. I lost the first 70 or so pounds by eating the same foods I had always eaten and walking. I got a used treadmill on Craig's list for $100 and set it up in my basement so I could watch TV and read on the treadmill instead of on the couch. I only recently started running on a whim, just too see if I could. Finished C25k a month ago and currently on C10k.
Physically, I feel fabulous. But the biggest change is mental. Especially with exercise. Who knew I'd ever be able to run a mile, let alone 5! If I can do that, I can do anything!
Anyway, a HUGE thanks to MFP message board regulars. You guys are an oasis of common sense in the Internet sea of woo and broscience. I work in marketing, so I have a very sensitive BS detector. I knew I'd found my people from the first clean eating thread I clicked on.

STATS:
Height: 5'5"
SW: 229.5
CW: 145
Tight size 16 to size 8
[img][/img]image_zpsmtezz540.jpg

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Congratulations! You look great
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    You look amazing!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Great job. Congrats on a successful year.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story. It means so much to many of us that are "on the way" to not only losing weight but better health. Congratulations. I love the pictures. You look fabulous.

70044776.png
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Wow congrats! What an inspiration
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Awesome and congrats.

I think you need a "post" picture with a smile...!

R
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Thanks everyone, for the compliments. I appreciate them so much!
    Rhyalus wrote: »

I think you need a "post" picture with a smile...!

R

You're right!
    Actually, there's a funny story behind that picture. It was the first time I had tried on size 8 jeans, and I was completely shocked that they fit. (I might have even shed a tear or two!) I still need to take pictures of new clothes because my brain still sees the fat me in the mirror.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats girl this is motivating. I am so thankful you shared this it's inspiring and I totally feel you. Keep it up and keep it going.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Congrats on your success! You look amazing!
  • nord51
    nord51 Posts: 10 Member
    Love it!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    What an incredible change! You must be very happy with your progress. You are fabulous!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    WOW! Woo Hoo! So proud of and happy for your success. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    You go girl
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    YOU look absolutely stunning! Way to be awesome!
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    Incredible!
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    That is awesome--I hope to post a one-year success story in late January when it's my "anniversary." Thanks for posting!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Super achievement, thanks for sharing! But I agree, I'd love to see a re-take of the 2nd picture with a proud smile.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Very well done lass :-)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    x4hx2pxe53j5.gif

awesome stuff ...... enjoy ..... and thanks for sharing !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!