Obligatory one year success story

Options
JenHuedy
JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
I'm a pretty private person, but decided to come out of lurkdom after a year to share with all the great people here who inspired me.
I guess I'll start at the beginning. A little over a year ago, after getting other areas of my life back on track, I was ready to tackle my weight. I wasn't going on a "journey" or making a "lifestyle change". And I sure as heck wasn't going "clean", low carb, cleansing, juicing or any of that other nonsense. I love all the food. I love growing, cooking, baking and all other forms of "processing" food. I especially love eating food. I just needed to learn how to eat food like a normal human being and be more active than your average invertebrate.
MFP took care of the food. Fitbit the activity. I lost the first 70 or so pounds by eating the same foods I had always eaten and walking. I got a used treadmill on Craig's list for $100 and set it up in my basement so I could watch TV and read on the treadmill instead of on the couch. I only recently started running on a whim, just too see if I could. Finished C25k a month ago and currently on C10k.
Physically, I feel fabulous. But the biggest change is mental. Especially with exercise. Who knew I'd ever be able to run a mile, let alone 5! If I can do that, I can do anything!
Anyway, a HUGE thanks to MFP message board regulars. You guys are an oasis of common sense in the Internet sea of woo and broscience. I work in marketing, so I have a very sensitive BS detector. I knew I'd found my people from the first clean eating thread I clicked on.

STATS:
Height: 5'5"
SW: 229.5
CW: 145
Tight size 16 to size 8
[img][/img]image_zpsmtezz540.jpg

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great
  • PandaBWA
    PandaBWA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats on a successful year.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It means so much to many of us that are "on the way" to not only losing weight but better health. Congratulations. I love the pictures. You look fabulous.

70044776.png
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! What an inspiration
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats.

I think you need a "post" picture with a smile...!

R
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for the compliments. I appreciate them so much!
    Rhyalus wrote: »

I think you need a "post" picture with a smile...!

R

You're right!
    Actually, there's a funny story behind that picture. It was the first time I had tried on size 8 jeans, and I was completely shocked that they fit. (I might have even shed a tear or two!) I still need to take pictures of new clothes because my brain still sees the fat me in the mirror.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl this is motivating. I am so thankful you shared this it's inspiring and I totally feel you. Keep it up and keep it going.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look amazing!
  • nord51
    nord51 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    What an incredible change! You must be very happy with your progress. You are fabulous!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOW! Woo Hoo! So proud of and happy for your success. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YOU look absolutely stunning! Way to be awesome!
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is awesome--I hope to post a one-year success story in late January when it's my "anniversary." Thanks for posting!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Super achievement, thanks for sharing! But I agree, I'd love to see a re-take of the 2nd picture with a proud smile.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass :-)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    x4hx2pxe53j5.gif

awesome stuff ...... enjoy ..... and thanks for sharing !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!