Pregnant and need support

Options
I was trying to lose weight, then things came up and we couldn't wait to get pregnant :smiley:

So, here I am...overweight and pregnant. I am just starting my 21st week (half way done!) and I have already gained 12 pounds. The suggested weight gain for my BMI is 15-25 pounds total. I feel I will blast past that, since in my last pregnancy the last two months was when I gained the most.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or has anyone else gone through this? Any tips? hints? I'd love some advice or a friend requests to help me stay on track. :smile: Thanks!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi, I remember when my doctor told me I should only gain 25 with my pregnancy. At that point I already gained 49. So yeah, I know the feeling.
    But the good news is, your halfway there. When your beautiful baby is born, you can lose whatever you have gained .
    I wouldn't advocate a low calorie diet for someone pregnant but I'm not a doctor. I would ask him if he has any knowledge about how many calories you should be consuming and see if he can help. I don't want to give you bad advice.
    But here's my personal thoughts, again I'm not a doctor at all. I ate when I was hungry, and made good food choices mixed in with some treats as well . I still follow that same eating style to this day. ( moderation not deprivation) I thought it was more important to nourish my body and have a healthy baby so I didn't weigh myself anymore after I learned about how much I gained and asked my doctor not to tell me my weight unless he felt it was a problem.I weighed myself after giving birth 212, then a few weeks later 202. My son is 10 now. I weigh 135 lbs and lost all my weight by counting calories , eating the foods I love in moderation and using portion control. So you can do it also ! :) your half way there ! Best of luck to you !!
  • Pinkahlicious
    Pinkahlicious Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know I'm looking at some hard work when I'm all healed up from my c-section with this one but it's worth it. I'm excited to finally be having another kid, we waited a long time for various reasons to have another so we just couldn't wait any longer when everything feel into place (except me losing weight before hand).
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    Options
    With my second pregnancy I gained 18 lbs in the first 5 months and then never gained anymore. I exercised the whole pregnancy and ate whatever I liked. I remember freaking out because I kept gaining so much at each appointment but then I ended up not having to worry.
  • Pinkahlicious
    Pinkahlicious Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm almost positive that that will not be the case with me. With my daughter I gained more in the last 2 months than I had gained before that. She was a huge baby 8lbs 14 oz, 22.5 inches long, plus I got +3 edema. The edema was what did me in.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow with my check up after, so I'll be asking about my weight.