It's a parent thing...

Sharing your food with the miniature people that you created. It never bothered me before, I'd just eat what was leftover on THEIR plate when they ate mine. But now I weigh all my food and check my portions so I can accurately log what I eat and then- THEN THEY EAT MY FOOD! Let's be honest, it's healthy food, and I'm happy they want to eat it. But then I'm not getting my much needed calories and nutrition. I know, the easy solution would be "make more, then there will be some extra for them to eat." I've done that, and whenever I do they're not interested. So I end up with more than I wanted and once again end up guessing the right amount. It's no use putting their portion on their plate and mine on mine, they only want what is on mine.

Replies

• JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Oh, I solved this one long ago. I'd use a big plate & add their stuff to one side of my plate. Give them a little plate with almost nothing on it. Wait for them to want some of mine. Then slide their stuff into their plate from yours, while acting irritated. Gotta be smarter than the toddler. Which is harder than it sounds. Haha
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    My toddlers don't like the look of my food sometimes - eg tuna mashed with cottage cheese looks NASTY. And it smells too strong for the to be keen on trying it. But when I make my favourite apple pie oatmeal and they start eyeballing it, they only get a tiny bit... then they are told to go eat their own tasty, calorie laden breakfast and leave mine alone!
    It used to feel just mean to do that, but they got over it. I have twins so I'm fighting a losing battle on most fronts while I'm outnumbered, so some things they just don't get a chance at.
    Not eating their leftovers has been a HUUUUGE battle for me.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Glad it's not just me who feels like this! I really resent it when my toddler asks for some of my chocolate because I've had to count it even if I don't eat it all! He's not bothered about my meals, just my chocolate. I always eat the same meals as him anyway though.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Me, too! (Except it's dogs. Lol.)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Oh, I solved this one long ago. I'd use a big plate & add their stuff to one side of my plate. Give them a little plate with almost nothing on it. Wait for them to want some of mine. Then slide their stuff into their plate from yours, while acting irritated. Gotta be smarter than the toddler. Which is harder than it sounds. Haha

What a fantastic idea!!!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Now that mine are older, they don't want food from my plate anymore . I do remember thinking" these are my calories and I need them!" When those little hands would snatch a carrot from my plate ! But now I'm faced with a similar issue. .......the dogs...
    I seem to have gotten into the bad habit of sharing whatever I'm eating with my dogs. Then I'll realize my calories are off because they have eaten half my plate!
    Weight loss tip- get a Rottweiler !! They'll eat anything! Lol ! ( jk about it being a weight loss tip)