Looking to lose 100+ pounds...

Options
Hello everyone!

I just turned 20, and I had a major realization about my weight and health. I want to take control of my fitness because I've been so unhealthy my whole life and I'm afraid if I don't make a change soon, i won't ever.

So I'm 5'10, and hovering around 310. It's scary to think I have now tipped over 300 pounds. But it's reality. I don't wanna focus on numbers too much but I think 175 would be a good number. (I have a larger frame, and also genetically speaking I'm not going to be a small person.)

I would love any encouragement and support from you guys- feel free to add me. I look forward to interacting with more people on here!

Replies

• curryman90
    curryman90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started back on eating properly! I was at 265 lbs and got myself down to about 189 (at its lowest). However, over the course of the year I had gained 30 lbs and went to 225 lbs. But I'm journeying down again, I need to, and have to! I will try my best to make it to 190 again!

I am so glad that you found it inside of you o begin this adventure! I hope you continue to track, as MFP helped my journey! KEEP GOING! Add me as a friend if you like, we can do this together!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i've lost 85lbs and am working to get 100lbs lost. feel free to use me as a resource if you have any questions about what worked for me.

i'll tell you this, it's much easier than you think it is, as long as you're consistent.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Well done on making that first step - sometimes the realisation aspect of things can be the toughest part of the whole process, so congratulations and welcome to your new, healthy life!

I promise you can do this. You need to keep your head up and you need to dig really deep and find that willpower I know you have. Stick with MFP, there are some amazing people here who will give you some fantastic advice if you ever need it. Don't be afraid to reach out.

Wishing you the best of luck here.
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm looking to lose around 100lbs and I'm on here everyday so feel free to add me if you'd like :) you can do it!
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi there. :) I started out with over 100 lbs to lose. I've lost 70 so far! Add me if you'd like. :)
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yes to this thread! So I started this at 326. I was very scared of my weight and my ankles were swelling everyday. And... I'm only 27. So I've been at this for 2 1/2 months and have lost 36 lbs (roughly). I've just started to take on a second job with two kids. I'm super busy but I waited until I felt strong enough in my weight loss journey to do this. What's helped me is truly taking it one day at a time, not beating myself up when I slip, and pushing myself. I try challenges at the gym for myself to try and make it fun. Anyways, I don't know my overall goal but I know it's at least to lose 126 lbs. We'll see what happens from there whenever I get there. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose to put me in the IBW category. I just had a baby and am having a hard time keeping on track
  • Chelseamatic1
    Chelseamatic1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and have been bad about yo young up and down. I lost 80 lbs in 2012 with the help of MfP and had two pregnancies back to back and I gained every pound back and then some. My highest weight was 308 right before I had my 4th baby. I'm on a mission and have lost 38 lbs since July. I need to lose a minimum of 60 more. I would love to be friends!
  • li0nmane
    li0nmane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wanted to thank everyone who posted here- best of luck to everyone! I love the support and motivation from fellow MFP users- you're all awesome :-)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I too have a lil over 100 lbs ....Feel free to add me ....wish you the best :)
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would suggest joining the 300+ club. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The people understand what you are going through and it's very active. The group helped me in my journey to lose over 100 lbs. Welcome to MFP.
  • li0nmane
    Options
    Miss_Mania wrote: »
    I would suggest joining the 300+ club. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The people understand what you are going through and it's very active. The group helped me in my journey to lose over 100 lbs. Welcome to MFP.
    What an achievement! That's awesome- great job
  • li0nmane
    Options
    li0nmane wrote: »
    Miss_Mania wrote: »
    it apparently deleted my last bit of reply but I'll definitely have to check it out! Thank you.
  • CastianaSahal
    CastianaSahal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also right where you are, I got on the scale & relized I need to lose as much weight as my husband weighs (about 150) I would love to have some other people that need to loss a larger amount of weight.
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I have lost 85 pounds and want to lose another 15 or so. I weighed 300lbs when I started and it can be done with the proper
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    You will do awesome missy! And when you do...you need to learn basketball because with that height you have going you will be able to dunk all day!!!!
  • Boywonder51bix
    Boywonder51bix Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I also would love to lose 100lbs as I am close to 300 :( any tips and advice you may have id love to hear! Also I can help :) best of luck!
  • dambrown5
    dambrown5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am with you! Looking to lose 67 pounds myself to get back to my playing weight! Feel free to add me
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Motivation and support are so important when trying to lose weight. It's so easy to fall off and to feel discouraged. I'm a fitness coach and if you would like to email me at stephaniespringer212@gmail.com I can help point you in the right direction. Hey, you've already done awesome by joining MFP and tracking your food! So congrats on that and you should feel proud! I've lost 80+ pounds and feel inspired to help others achieve their weightloss goals. Contact me, this goes for everyone, if you'd like help!

What are you selling?