Need motivation

Options
I started mfp back in April but fell off the bandwagon a few months later. I've been back for about 5 weeks and lost 9 lbs. I have 10+ to go but am starting to lose interest again. Need motivation to continue. Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The difference between success and failure isnt staying motivated or not - its doing what you have to do in the absence of motivation.

Motivation comes and goes like the wind. What matters is discipline, not motivation. And nobody can give you discipline but you. Do what you know you have to do regardless of interest or motivation. Waiting to be motivated before taking action is a sure way to doom yourself.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    pauldm1 wrote: »
    The difference between success and failure isnt staying motivated or not - its doing what you have to do in the absence of motivation.

Motivation comes and goes like the wind. What matters is discipline, not motivation. And nobody can give you discipline but you. Do what you know you have to do regardless of interest or motivation. Waiting to be motivated before taking action is a sure way to doom yourself.

^
    This. I lost motivation ages ago lol. I've just persevered through pure habit and my own expectations. I rarely "feel" like going to the gym and I rarely "feel" like having a salad over a packet of cookies. Afterwards I always feel great for having gone or making the healthier decision. It's just how it is now
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry tonight, but I'll already a little over my calories for today. So, do I need motivation to not go out and eat my son's ice cream in the freezer? No. I've worked too hard to lose 10# over the past 3 months to just start throwing that away. We always have choices.

You're losing so quickly you must be very hungry. I'd just slow down your weight loss. Eat more and lose just a half pound a week for the final 10#. That'll probably help a lot and get you more ready for maintenance. This is a life style change, not a diet. Right?