Who wants to do a 100 day challenge?

Options
Hi all,
I've been trying to loose and maintain my weight for long time now and mainly I'm struggling with motivation and anxiety. Then someone mentioned that when you do a challenge or have support group that want to reach the same goal is a good way to start, so I thought a 100 day challenge.

If you feel that this is a good idea please add me to your contacts and let's start next week!!

Best and good luck to everyone!

Replies

• chrissy_tinkerbell
    Options
    I'm trying to lose some weight what is your goal?
  • greynotesfall
    greynotesfall Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Usually a challenge will have a specific goal. For example: no meat for 30 days, no dessert for 60 days, no carbs for 90 days, etc. What would your specific 100 day challenge have as its goal?
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    For the challenge I would suggest to put down the bodyfat%, in the healthiest way possible. So what i have in mind is foloowing:

* reduce at least 10 -15 % of body fat
    * Do 50 min of cardio at least 5 times per week.
    * If is wanted in weight then, reduce 13% of your original weight.

I put most of the time percentage since for each person is different.

Hope this will get you interested. We can share some tips to reach the goal!
  • alynnhutchinson
    Options
    I'm in!
  • melissafleeting
    Options
    Just came on here looking for pretty much this so I'm game to try it out.
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in! How do we stay accountable? Do I add yuo to my friends?
  • shericlick
    shericlick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks for accepting the challenge, please add as a friend so we can keep eachother on track!

The challenge will start tomorrow Tuesday Sept 22nd and finish December 30th. i would say that the holiday season will be the most challenging part (in time to do excersise and food) but let's give it a try!!

A good tip to keep motivation up is to record your progress through pictures. Sometimes we don't see the result on the scale but in the clothes and pics.

Tomorrow I will keep posting my meal plan for the week and my current weight with my personal goals!

Thanks again and good luck!
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good idea! I'm worried that all these holidays coming up, and the inevitable bad weather will throw me off track. Feel free to add me!

Should we post our stats and goals here?
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    Hi!
    Yes, i believe sharing your goals here will help me to track you during the challenge!
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    So, I would like to start saying that I'm living in Germany, so when US is sleeping I'm already awake:) so keep in mind this with my posting.

Since the challenge is going to start tomorrow, take this Monday to plan at last 7 days of meal and workout hours.

So for example, my plan for workouts is start at 6:00 am so I can be on time at work. Luckily me I work in a sport company and have the gym right in the office, however a lot of you don't have that luxury so please plan carefully how to do your workouts.

Since I'm not a mom, and if any of you have kids, I would like to hear some organization ideas from those who are parents. I believe that is more difficult when having kids.

For your planning use a calendar, an excel sheet and display it as big as you can at home or your office. This helps to remind you what is your commitment.

Also share your goals and your challenge with colleagues and family, usually they are really great supporters to keep you in track!

Hope this helps for the start, have a great day!
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge as well. Sent friend request!
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join in. I'll send the request and post up my goals and stats when I have a break from classes. I'm trying to stick with this in formally recording while still having fun and I'm restricted on things due to a joint issue so I'm happy you're letting us plan our goals. I just want to make it long enough to adapt good habits so 100 days is perfect. =]

And if anyone else would like to add me they are welcome to!
  • LouiseWray3107
    LouiseWray3107 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this please. I need a time focused goal
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    Welcome to the new people!! Please prepare your goals for tomorrow!

The 22nd we start!
  • mueck1
    mueck1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. Please add me or tell me what to do.
    I will prepare my goals for tomorrow!
    Thanks perfect timing.
  • Fitness_voyager
    Fitness_voyager Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Just sent a friend request :)
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    Dear all,

I create a group were will be easy to share our journey! please join!
  • Elinasambora
    Elinasambora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I want to join too! Where's the group?
  • nataliamelgardellien
    Options
    I will send you the invi Elimasambora!