Favorite pre and post workout snacks?

I'm tired of the same old stuff and am in need of different yummy pre and post workout snacks. So what is your favorite go-to workout fuel?

Replies

• kmoyes9
    kmoyes9 Posts: 13 Member
    Not sure what you have gotten bored of but I love a poached egg on an English muffin -- I am told an apple is simple but very good pre.. No expert here but if it helps
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    You really don't need to structure your meals around your workout for results.

Eat when you're hungry.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Caffeine pre-workout. Post-working out is usually my dinner.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    None. Just my regular breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. I just eat when I'm hungry. Pre and post-workout snacks are not necessary at all unless you're a bodybuilder or an athlete or something.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Pre workout...grilled steak but I like to do it medium well....post workout...I go ahead and upgrade the steak size but lower the cooking ratio to a medium rare.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Pre and post-workout snacks are not necessary at all unless you're a bodybuilder or an athlete or something.

Even then they are not necessary. In the grand scheme of things, meal timing is a very insignificant factor.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    a mini babybel cheese and two lavash crackers work for me. If I'm going to play volleyball, then I really eat to prepare for all the calories burned (3hrs of beach or indoor burns upwards of 1500 calories) otherwise just a snack ahead works at the gym. After workout I'll eat whatever...usually dinner at that point.
  • KDuvall235
    KDuvall235 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for all of your input! It is greatly appreciated :)
    lulucitron wrote: »
    a mini babybel cheese and two lavash crackers work for me. If I'm going to play volleyball, then I really eat to prepare for all the calories burned (3hrs of beach or indoor burns upwards of 1500 calories) otherwise just a snack ahead works at the gym. After workout I'll eat whatever...usually dinner at that point.
    Pre workout...grilled steak but I like to do it medium well....post workout...I go ahead and upgrade the steak size but lower the cooking ratio to a medium rare.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    None. Just my regular breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. I just eat when I'm hungry. Pre and post-workout snacks are not necessary at all unless you're a bodybuilder or an athlete or something.
    Caffeine pre-workout. Post-working out is usually my dinner.
    kmoyes9 wrote: »
    Not sure what you have gotten bored of but I love a poached egg on an English muffin -- I am told an apple is simple but very good pre.. No expert here but if it helps
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    You really don't need to structure your meals around your workout for results.

Eat when you're hungry.