Sick and Tired

of feeling sick and tired. I need to lose 30 lbs and have been bouncing around with weightwatchers for the past 3 years. Its like I have been on a diet (or a million diets) for so long that I'm BORED with the theory not turning into practice.

So I'm putting myself on here and calling it day 1.

Things I will do:

1. Make lunch every day instead of eating out
2. Alcohol free Monday-Thursday
3. Run 5km 5 times a week (this one I already do, so its more of a keep it up)

anyone else rebooting this morning?

Replies

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    woah woah woah.....alcohol free???? Come on...a sip here and there can be A OK!
  • lamurano
    lamurano Posts: 19 Member
    Lol @ cereal! I actually quit drinking this time around and weight loss was much easier! As long as you fit it into your daily calorie allotment though, you can drink occasionally. Good luck placidegirl!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi :]

I started at 157 lbs and I too had been bouncing around with Weight Watcher's for a while. In my personal opinion, I found Weight Watchers frustrating and unsustainable. I was fed up with trying to calculate 'points' and in the end, I stopped eating certain foods I couldn't work out points values for - it was just annoying for me. I switched to the MFP way (Calorie counting) and will never, ever do anything else again - this really is the way to do it! I've lost 30 lbs and I feel fantastic and I *know* this is something I can keep up for the long-term. I really hope you find MFP useful. You don't have to cut out food groups or alcohol, you can genuinely eat whatever you like but make sure you track it. You can do this.
  • placidegirl
    placidegirl Posts: 29 Member
    thanks all - double lol @ilovecereal1982 I agree but one of my main vices is 1 glass turning into 3 then the ruffles come out. @PinkPixiexox I found WW too easy to cheat on too - 175ml of wine regardless of the portion size, juggling points to justify things. How long did the 30lbs take you on MFP?
  • ilovecereal1982
    Ruffles??? Like ruffles potato chips????
  • placidegirl
    @ilovecereal1982 yip! a particular weakness of mine
  • ilovecereal1982
    ooooh they are so good though....I see your theory though because yesterday I had a beer....DONT worry it was lite...but...upon it hitting my lips and sinking into me...I quickly then hit up the pringles!!!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    thanks all - double lol @ilovecereal1982 I agree but one of my main vices is 1 glass turning into 3 then the ruffles come out. @PinkPixiexox I found WW too easy to cheat on too - 175ml of wine regardless of the portion size, juggling points to justify things. How long did the 30lbs take you on MFP?

Just over 4 months :)
  • placidegirl
    @PinkPixiexox amazing job !
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    I also have decided to stop with the alcohol during the week. I love my wine but it lowers my control around snacking. Plus, all I've read about alcohol and weight loss is that your body will burn the alcohol before it burns the fat. I have done WW in the past too but far prefer MFP. It gives you real calorie counts, and when I log my exercise I can see how many extra calories I've earned.
  • placidegirl
    1shauna1 wrote: »
    I also have decided to stop with the alcohol during the week. I love my wine but it lowers my control around snacking. Plus, all I've read about alcohol and weight loss is that your body will burn the alcohol before it burns the fat. I have done WW in the past too but far prefer MFP. It gives you real calorie counts, and when I log my exercise I can see how many extra calories I've earned.

well thats my plan too but I get home and its all "oh 1 glass wont kill you"